Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB and Belkin DSL Router

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

AHHHH nope nothing for it if you can't get an ethernet modem you can't use your new router:( ....your options include buying a router with integrated modem or buying an ethernet modem; buy an integrated router...it's the easier choice will amazon take back the router???.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    AHHHH nope nothing for it if you can't get an ethernet modem you can't use your new router:( ....your options include buying a router with integrated modem or buying an ethernet modem; buy an integrated router...it's the easier choice will amazon take back the router???.

I was just looking at another post about something similar (i don't know what i'd do without Boards.ie !!!) and I seen someone wrote that the Eircom modem has ethernet and usb, do you know if this is true ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Yes, the Netopia modem/router supplied by eircom has USB and Ethernet. In fact it has it's own pppoe stack too, so it as actually more of a router with builtin modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yes it does but you mentioned IOL BB and they have a USB modem which I'm myself replacing with a router with built-in ADSL modem, so sweet:D. I suggest you do the same thing in the long run it's worth it!.

Advertisement