Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Nielson Acoustic Trio

Options
  • 19-11-2003 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Following an amazing performance at this years Guinness Jazz Festival, the Boom Boom Room is proud to present the "Mike Nielson Acoustic Trio" this saturday 22/11/03.
    The evening promises unpredictable & loose limbed improv from the fertile imagination of guitarist Mike Nielson, still Irelands most creative Jazz musician.
    Joining him on the night will be the combined talents of Shane @ Rory O'Donnovan providing the anchor on bass & drums as Nielson takes another wild ride into the musical unknown.
    Not to be missed!!

The Boom Boom Room
    70 Parnell St.
    Dublin 1.
    Near Ambassador
    Above Patrick Conways Pub.
    Doors 9pm
    Admission €6/€5 if you mention "Gigsmart" at the door.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

That is of course €5 if you mention Phantom FM at the Door...hm hm .. but you all knew that.....right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 cirql8

Heard Mike rocked the Cork Jazz Fest. Or was that punked??
    Saw him a couple of months ago in the now defunked music room, electric set, time for some acoustic Mike.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 il corvo

Yes...ahem.. Mike got a bit pissed by all accounts down in Cork and kinda crashed a Jazz Jam and Punked all over it. Organizers weren't to happy but the audience loved it!

Thats just how I like my jazz musicians, out there breaking all rules.
    gotta love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 il corvo

Have you ever seen Nielson play with Roy Carroll? Now thats nuts.... (Roy plays the I-Book) and totally messes with Guitar signal. Everything is processed thru the laptop before it goes front of house!

• Advertisement

Yeah, amazing what a little mac can do. Going tonight, rory and shane o'donovan are the two others to make the trio. ooh I can feel the madness already. happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Seriously folks it should be a great night. Nielson is a phenomenal guitarist and a musical innovator and it's always an experience watching musicians of his calibre ripping up "jazz standards"!

Advertisement