Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Settings for Ethernet Modem

• 19-11-2003 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking to set up my Ethernet modem tonight for IOL Broadband and I just want to make sure that I have all the settings correct before I start trying to configure it, as I currently have no internet connection at home to check it up (see here :mad:)

Anyways, do you need to manually specify DNS servers? I saw on another thread someone mention DNS servers as:

ns.pipex.net - 158.43.128.26
    ns.iol.ie - 194.125.2.240

I'm just kinda suspicious of the first one :) I think I'm actually okay on the rest of the settings. I should enable NAT I presume and obtain IP automatically. And it's PPPoE? Any setting that I am potentially missing?

Mucho Gracias.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I have my Netgear Ethernet ADSL modem getting the DNS servers automattically from IOLBB and have no problems. I am at work at the mo so cant look to see what IPs it is using but if you have problems I or someone else will check I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Nice one apk. It may be easier than I thought :)

[EDIT] Forgot to ask, Do I need to enable DHCP and NAT, or should NAT alone do the job?

Thanks for the reply.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

You will most likely need DHCP.

As for NAT, if it's only just one computer connected to the modem then probably not.

Advertisement