Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats it worth??

• 19-11-2003 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Need some advice from all ye gurus..

A friend is thinking about selling his laptop but doesn't know what would be a fair price to ask.

It's a Dell Latitude CS
    P2 400MHz
    64Mb RAM
    4Mb Video
    6GB HDD
    13.5 LCD
    Win 2k Pro with Office 2000 Premium
    AC adapter and a very good battery
    External floppy and DVD drive(4x DVD, 24x CD)

It's a very nice machine.
    So what ya think he'd get??

Thanks in advance...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

max of 300 I'm presuming its not a licenced win2k installation (considering it wasn't even around when PIIs were being sold).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

Well thats a bit of a disappointment. Your right about it being an unlicenced OS.
    Thanks Kali:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Kali
    max of 300 I'm presuming its not a licenced win2k installation (considering it wasn't even around when PIIs were being sold).

Second that. Mind though some people even here on the boards are willing to pay top dollar for old laptops. You might get someone willing to part with €350. I would put it in B&S where you'd very easily get €400 to €450

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

I sold an IBM thinkpad 600E for €400

P2 333MHz
    128Mb RAM
    10GB HDD
    13.5 LCD
    Win 2k Pro with Office XP
    CD ROM drive

So you could look at gettin maybe the same in B&S. On boards, drop that by about 100... People that know computers are harder to sell to! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

im interested in the external floppy drive drop me a pm if ure willing to sell it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Well this guy http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125289 is looking 500+ for a PII 366.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

Thanks lads. I think the B&S is probally the best option for him. He's looking for around the €500+ mark and I agree that he probally won't get near that on boards.
    Thanks for the advice;)

Advertisement