Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Aerial

• 19-11-2003 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good relaible TV aerial which will pick up the four domestic channels perfectly , perhaps something Argos stock ?

I don't want to spend a fortune , just want something to pick up the four channels in the bedroom .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the guys in Community->ICDG->Terrestrial might have some advice (or they might just bombard you with technobabble)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The booster ones are good, the plug into the wall. Get them in argos for around 20euro

TG4 and TV3 are hard to pick up, bit blurry (not ghosting, more like static remains on the screen). UHF signal I guess.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'll move it to ICDG >> Terrestrial where it should get better help.

BTW, where are ya living and what Transmitter do you receive from?

EDIT: Thread Moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I'm living in Galway City but haven't a clue about the transmitter .

We have NTL analogue downstairs and I just wanna get a few channels up in my room .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

In Galway you would be watching the Maghera transmitter (Co Clare near Gort)
    You will need an aerial capable of both VHF and UHF reception ("rabbits ears" are good for VHF "loops" are for UHF)

RTE1 VHF Channel E Vertical
    RTE2 VHF Channel H Vertical
    TV3 UHF Channel 66 Horizontal
    TG4 UHF Channel 68 Horizontal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Cheers Mike , I don't suppose there's an aerial that will pick up both , is there ?
    I wish I knew a little more about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

if its an indoor aerial you want yeah there should be combi (VHF/UHF) ones in argos or maplin

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=61169

This one has a loop (for TV3 and TG4) and telescopic elements (For RTE 1 & 2)

Although outdoor aerials almost always give better reception you may not consider it worth the hasstle

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by tinofapples
    I'm living in Galway City but haven't a clue about the transmitter .

We have NTL analogue downstairs and I just wanna get a few channels up in my room .

Would it not be feasible to run a cable from downstairs to your room, so you could split the NTL feed to the two TVs? Then you would have all the NTL analogue channels! ;)

Advertisement