Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilbur Smith

Options
  • 19-11-2003 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

I know the purists amongst you will think Wilbur doesn't belong here , but if any of you read teh Seventh Scroll and more recently Warlock I challenge you not to put him up there with any of the established fantasy authors .

Wilbur Smith tells a great story , is pretty thorough on the history (all based in ancient Egypt) and has superb storylines.

I don't know how one becomes classed as a fantasy author , but since Warlock has some magic in it I reckon it deserves to be mentioned.

Anyone read him ?

http://www.wilbursmithbooks.com/egyptian.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I've read River God which is a fantastic book, I don't really like his style in general but River God is amazing.

Another worthy mention is The Sunbird which is kinda fantastical, it's hugely clever and entertaining.

Advertisement