Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCR->Word->Excel/Access

Options
  • 19-11-2003 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to build a database off some magazines, first I scan them and recognise them using cuneiform, cuneiform exports to Word.

I want to know if there's a way to export from word to excel using custom formatting, like all before first comma -> column A, between comma and full stop -> column B, etc.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CSV = Comma Separated Variables

In word save as a text file - then change the files extension from .txt to .csv

Excel should open it straight away

Or Open Excel fill in some cells and then save as .csv
    and open the file in word or notepad..

*note you might want to Add/Remove converters and filters - I've been using "Custom , Select All" for so long I can't remember what comes as std.

** www.openoffice.org :)

Advertisement