Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks alot !!!

Options
  • 25-10-1999 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

A Big Thank you to DeVore, Slosh, all the Lads whos et up the UT Servers and anyone else I missed for an excellent weekend.

The one memory I'll take from this is the look on Jadens face when Trojan bid £750.00 for a bottle of whiskey at the auction, panic doesn't even go close to descibing it (The "other" gamers ended up bidding a "G" for it so the "Quake Players" wouldn't have the highest bid on the day). Oh and Slosh I hope you enjoyed that cigar wink.gif

Tom I'll have the piccies up by the end of the week. I'll mail Hoony now to allow him time to set up the shrine to Dev's naked chin tongue.gif

Thanks again,

Gandalf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yep, cheers Dev and all others involved in organisation for a good laff. Next year tho just rename it 'UTLan' smile.gif that said the Instagib went down a storm, i reckon theres quite a few converts to UT after playing that smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

yah twas well run and was a cracker

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    dk 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Yeaah, twas a mad 1. Well done all. Big ta to chaos and quozl for letting me crash in their gafs.
    F
    Ps, Ser and quozl, u'll make good barflies when ur older mmmmMMmmmmmMmMMM....vodka wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Yah thanx guys for taking everyone out of #quake.ie for the weekend. Was lovely and quiet smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Big thanks to all the lads organizing. Great stuff! Thanks to Wwman and his missus Rosaline for a place to crash and carting my gear back to my place.

A grand for a bottle of whiskey? Drink it sloooooowly. smile.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah Thanks lads Great Weekend.Cant wait for Dublan 3 smile.gif or is it 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Major pats on the back go out to all involved in DubLan. Thanks for putting up with us smile.gif

Now if I can just get the smell of ciggarettes out of my pc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Yea good auld time dayer had by all.......
    BTW ripper and amp....gimme back my ****ing cards....pendrell flux and school of fish thingie.......bah

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

ya i had a brill time on saturday and i would like to thank Dev and all the others for makin it a lan to remember
    ta smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

yea done all involved,

lovely facilities too, and excellently kept toilets with verrrrry clean walls that didn't leave ANY marks what so ever if u were to *bump* up against one

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

lol smile.gif

if daa did it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Indeed,

Very well organised, Congratz to all who sweat blood and tears in order to get all these players together for some serious gaming.

Thanx for the use of yer system for a couple of hours on Sunday Gandalf, nice one smile.gif

Very enjoyable...might even bring my own PC to the next one...been playing that instagib ever since Sunday! (Man those bots are difficult on the Godlike/Masterful settings!)

sunglasses.gif

T

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Yeah, it was a blast and fair play to all the lads for orgainising it.

My one complaint ( and please don't take this the wrong way) is that they kicked us out too early. 8 o'clock is very early when you consider that FTI lasted all weekend, non-stop. I accept that this was beyond Dev's control but I think Mindphuck made an excellent suggestion when he said that next time we should just hire a hall somewhere and lock the doors for the weekend (well, at least at night)

anyway, thanks again lads.

Pres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

ya cheers lads. Any idea who won the duel final between Ser and Mirage on dm2? Or did it ever happen? I think the LAN showed more than anything that QW is still THE game.

Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

..and nary a sign of Q3test smile.gif

Someone was reportadly spotted playing it but this has yet to be confirmed.

wan the UT smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

There were a few games of Q3test being played, and to be fair, I enjoyed them just as much as the QW moshes. I'll be playing it in the future...

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Just back, will post later. Keep seeing Trojan (the muppet), throwing all of Slosh's and my money away. No... no... noooooooo..... Can't get the bad dream to go away.

I am also an official member of a new clan, [BO](Beard Off). It is an elite group of ten or so members, but will soon reach wirld wide notority in Quake circles. smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

[BO]Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think the weekend went super and hanks too all he ppl wh omade it a good weekend.

at the end of the day, i cant complain, im nean,m i am now officially the 7th best UT player at instagib in ireland smile.gif

even that jaden muppet felt my wrath a few times!!

[BO]WhiteWashMan

cheers to us all smile.gif

[This message has been edited by WhiteWashMan (edited 26-10-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

If your the 7th then i'm the 5th.

Dosent really matter though... to QUAKE!!!!!

Pres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Thanks alot lads for a great weekend of gaming and drinking. Nice to meet the old faces again. If you want to hear about the drinking part of things, ask Furious smile.gif, or Ser smile.gif. They can tell a few stories. That All I can say smile.gif. As regards the q3 side of things, time wasn't on our side during this lan I'm afraid. But a small group of us had some great FFA games. Plenty of time next Lan. Cheers again lads. smile.gif Looking forward to the next LAN. smile.gif

???? Dev can you start organising the next LAN. Thanks in advance?????? :p Joke smile.gif

Jedi.

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 26-10-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Of Course I came 4th tongue.gif UT instigib rules.

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yup, cheers Dev, and to everyone who played UT! I'm going to see what the stats logs from the event are like, and hopefully post them up somewhere in the not-too-distant future.

Teeth.
    (Came 2nd! Damn u Ripper! tongue.gif )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yeah...big shout-out to Tom and Brian....the ppl who saved my life....will never forget this w/e...thanks for everything and i'll talk to ye soon.

Carroll!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It quite simply rocked!!!

A HUGE shout of thanks to Tom and Brian (plus all the other organisers - I don't know who did what), Al (for the place to stay), Rob for the comic relief ("You couldn't catch the Celica?") and everyone else who went along (for making it a really groovy weekend). I only wish I could have been there for the Auction, but work called and I had to be home for Monday morning sad.gif
    Not to worry - next year!!!

I must also say - Unreal Tournament is the coolest of cool! Mah Gawd! I'm well impressed and a DEFINITE convert sunglasses.gif
    Semi's in Instagib isn't bad at all at all (considering I'd been playing for all of a day before hand sunglasses.gif )

Once again, thanx to all involved!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 27-10-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

yea it was kewl even if i was only there on sat im kicking myself i could go any other day and thanks to all those who let me use there comps mainly coyote and wwman ta

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Yea what a great weekend!

Rob and Al - youse are Leg-Ends!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

smile.gif

Jeesh, ya give him one drunken phrase and he can't stop using it.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

P.S. It's Thursday, now Paul, where are the piccies? I want, I want, I WANT! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yeah lads, esp Dev & Sloshed, thanks a lot for all yer work!

err, Ganders, you couldn't imagine the panic when I actually realised what I just done! OMFG smile.gif Thanks out there you freaky muppets who outbid us!!

Hey Jaden, remember the time when ... smile.gif

Must go fer a pint or something but remember not to bring Greenbean & Quozl into BurgerKing!!!

Al.

Advertisement