Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN networking problem

Options
  • 19-11-2003 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

I am trying to set up a kiosk monitoring system. The kiosks are connected via ISDN.
    I have a machine (hub) set up to route the ISDN packets as follows:
    eth0 on hub is 192.168.1.39
    isdn on hub is 192.168.1.6
    isdn on kiosk is 192.168.2.5

all packets for 192.168.2.x are routed through the 192.168.1.39 machine.
    This is all fine. I've tested it in the office, where we have a number of ISDN lines, and everything works as it should. Once dialled up, any machine can communicate with the kiosk.

The problem arises when I try move the test box (kiosk) to a remote site and try and dial up. isdnctrl dials and immediately hangs up with the message "Bearer capability not implemented"

I should point out that the dialling out to the ISP from the remote site works fine, and that back in the dark ages, when the network was Windows based, PCAnywhere worked fine too.

So... anyone out there with ISDN experience that might be able to shed some light on this problem?

Advertisement