Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platstation hacking

Options
  • 19-11-2003 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Is it possible to get my ps2 hacked or chipped to play american games? If so, how? Is it advisable? Has anyone had any problems with their ps2 after? Is it worth it? Sorry for all the questions, just curious! Thanks;)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I know of at least one PS2 that;s been chipped - although i only saw it in action once and TBH i forgot to find out how it was done.

Google is your friend on this one i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

You can get the modchip from www.divineo.co.uk.

Just so you know, it is difficult to solder ps2 chips.

I can mod an xbox within 20 min, and a PS2 takes me 2 hours or so. There are around 30 solderingpoints, and some of them are really difficult.

Unless you are really good at soldering (on really small points), get someone with experience to solder the chip for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

I did very little with xbox's but when i was on ps2's fulltime i could get 2 ps2's done in under an hour, not including assembly/disassembly. and i made my own magic 3 chips. Just my claim to fame:D :D
    I also destroyed my very first one and then took it back to the shop and got a span new one!!:( :(

Definitely get it done, get a dvd burner and u'll save a packet on games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 alcho0

hey mate if your near dublin pm me and i might be able to help u out

• Advertisement
Advertisement