Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD +RW -RW and RAM?

• 19-11-2003 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

So are philips the only company with DVD Recorders on the market?

Currently trading from 419euro.

Is there any other company making like products.

I am think of getting one but it might be after xmas before I do.

Sorry, if this thread needs to be moved then move it, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

looks like phillips own the rights for dvd recorders. there also seems to be a possibility of pioneer getting the rights to make the recorders too. but at the mo i think its only phillips. have a look here

hope it explains. i want too pushed on reading through all of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

naaa ya way off base lookey here 3/4 of way down

loadsa recorders - from 6 different manufacturers

Now philips may be the only ones who offer DVD-ram support you'll have to check the specs. how often will ya be watching a recording whilst making another recording at the same time anyway????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Komplett have a few of them going. There is an LG one for sale there, i]Open window second time for komplett links[/i, tis about €170. Might get it myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Winters
    Komplett have a few of them going. There is an LG one for sale there, i]Open window second time for komplett links[/i, tis about €170. Might get it myself :)

em thats a pc drive. what seems to be getting discussed here are standalone players although it took me a few posts to figure that out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yes indeed a stand alone player, for d telly, like.

I should have mentioned that in the first post I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement