Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse stops working.

Options
  • 01-11-1999 3:04pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone help me here?

I have a machine with a serial mouse which freezes after a random amount of time. Usually when connection has been made to the internet (but not always).
    I've tried com ports, drivers, just about everything... anyone got any ideas?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

do pcs still come with serial mouses?
    when did it start happening and what did you install before it happened?
    any conflics with irq's or addys?

oh, and we do have a techie board for this thomas smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

S3 based card? If so latest drivers. Don't ask me how I know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I used to have this problem, and it was due to a conflict on the com ports.

Basically you could not have something running on COM1 if COM3 was being used, and the same with COM2 and COM4 (least on older machines, don't know if it's still the case as I use USB).

Which port is your modem on? Do you use null modem connection as well?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hobbes, I bet thats it. The modem is on 3 and the mouse on 1. I knew there was something about 1&3 and 2&4 but I thought it was the other way around...

I'll try it soon and feedback to you about it.

Ta Amp and WWMan too, if hobbes suggestion doesnt work I'll try yours.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

thought you would have known about the comm ports tom!

• Advertisement
Advertisement