Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tournament

Options
  • 19-11-2003 7:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

Right all,

Me reckons we should setup a boards league.

So first of we'll need locations of ppl interested to accomadate organising the thing

The prizes are already sorted so thats no biggy (it's three different cues of varying qaulity with the best cue going to the winner obviously)

Anyone else got any other ideas how to run this league I have a good few but I think locations are the first and foremost

NOTE: please note during college today i left my computer for a smoke break and some of you may have noticed a comment about gays placed here NOT BY ME. i apologise to anyone offended by this message.

It was an error in judgement by leaving my computer unattended and unlocked

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I think a snooker league is a good idea alright.

Perhaps something could sorted out in the Spawell snooker club in Templeogue (see here for more info) & gerire works there.

There's talk of a pool competition in the Boards Events forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I dont think ti should be in the spawell it should have to be in a more central location possibly somewhere in town or out by malahide / protmarnock where Jimmy White played recently

anyone go see him T'was BRILLIANT altough he was ****ing hammered drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The back room of Jasons in Ranelagh has three decent snooker tables (and one 3/4 size one) and would be quite good for this sort of thing.

If you wanted to play out a knockout competition, or spend a whole saturday/sunday at it then the Palace on Camden Street has a single table in a room right upstairs towards the front of the building that's both comfortable and spacious, plenty of pool tables downstairs and it also sports a nice bar. :)

I'm on for any boards comps you guys are running.

Luc

well I MAY be able to swing a sports and fitness hall that Jimmy Played in and sort out a table for a weekned kinda tourney I reckon it could be really class if I pulled that one off

what say you all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

this might sound daft and so on but what about having an on-line tournament like on yahoo games or somewhere like that?

• Advertisement

that shoudlnt be that hard actually. can anyone remember the name of that site where you can setup a pool tourney using Yahoo handles?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

dr quirkys??

dodgy spot, but the DCU pool tournamnets are held there and its great aul craic

Quirky's sounds like a good idea alright it's nice and central and plenty of acohol selling outlets (pubs) around

what say you all?

Advertisement