Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Cooling

• 19-11-2003 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

i built a pc over the summer and i was thinking of watercooling it but i don't have the guts cos i'm afraid it would leak. i was wondering is there any companies in or around dublin area that will fit a quality water cooling setup

my spec is p4 3ghz, 1gig ram, gf4 (soon to be 9800pro) two hard drives, audigy 2 etc
    inside a coolermaster 200

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

It's not that hard to build/fit a w/c system. The biggest problem is deciding where to put the rad & pump. You can assemble the pump/rad/blocks outside the case and leave it all running for a few days to check for any leaks or kinks.

How is your PC cooled now? I presume 4GHz is a typo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Originally posted by Sir Random
    The biggest problem is deciding where to put the rad & pump
    could try putting the rad behind the exaust case fan at the back of the case. dunno bout the pump...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    my spec is p4 4ghz,

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

we are selling the kits, but do not install them for private customers.

What I can do: I can sent you one of our installation manuals, and you can decide if this to difficult for you or not....

:D

Send me a pm with you mail-adress if you want to.

Regards,

jow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

thanks jow.

sry my cpu is 3ghz :)))

it's running all on stock

• Advertisement

also forgot to mention i'm a complete newbie when it comes to computers i bearly was able to stick my new machine together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Forget about the watercooling m8 - the latest generation of Zalman HSF combo's will get your cpu cooler and will work more quietly than basic watercooling systems(waterpump is quite noisy). This solution is a lot cheaper also

Google for Zalman 7000-Cu :)

i was also looking at the zalman the one that looks like a flower but on overclockers.co.uk that it only does p4 2.6ghz whereas mine is a 3ghz

Zalman Flower Pentium IV CNPS6500B-ALCU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Like I said, don't go for the aging 6500, go for the 7000-Cu :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,
    Originally posted by unkel
    Forget about the watercooling m8 - the latest generation of Zalman HSF combo's will get your cpu cooler and will work more quietly than basic watercooling systems(waterpump is quite noisy). This solution is a lot cheaper also

sorry but can't agree with that.

The zalman ist relatively silent for an aircooler. But you never get the same results as with watercooling (ok, we are not talking about aquarius systems or other cheap solutions, aren't we???).
    A watercooling system keeps you CPU cooler and is more silent. The eheim pumps are hard to hear at all (what you mean with "noise" if talking about eheims, are the 50Hz vibrations, but it is easily to eliminate them completely ;)).

The results from the zalman 7000 are relatively good (XP3200+ with 12volts around 55 degrees and with 7 volts 58 degrees CPU temperature) but you can easily get better results with watercooling (under 50 degrees without problems).
    And: Don't forget about the weight: ~760 gramms for the zalman are very heavy. This makes it interesting when moving the PC... ;)

But you are abolutely right about the price. Watercooling is more expensive.

Regards,

jow

• Advertisement
Advertisement