Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coca Cola 500ml Bottles

• 19-11-2003 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

heh, was in The Chemist on Dame street up from the Aib and i noticed that they were selling 500ml bottles of coke for 1euro.

not the greatest bargan in teh world but chaeper than most shops.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

25c is big enough difference there must be close to best before end or they importing them from germany or somewhere

good find none the less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tesco and dunnes sell them for .89c and .90c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Pfft! That's nothin'! Not far from Duomo in Milan you could get Fanta, Coke etc. 500ml for 29c :) ! Granted that was exceptional - even for Italy.
    And no, they weren't out of date or even near it! (I checked :p)

Anyway, Dunnes and Roches generally sell it for just under/around the one €uro mark.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

bout 25cent from vending machines...if u can make it to saudi arabia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Popped into Iceland and (due to a mix up?) theirs an offer of 2 x 500ml bottles for €1.11

55 cents each

:D

.......well i was pleased at the time anyway :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You think you're getting a great deal and then the doctor tells you you've diabetes :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Why not just buy a twin pack of 2L bottles.

This way you can refill your 500ml bottle 8 times and there is less waste plastic... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭steviem

You can buy a 2L bottle of Dunnes own make cola for 30c.

we're talking real coke here, theres a reason dunnes own stuff is that cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by Stekelly
    we're talking real coke here, theres a reason dunnes own stuff is that cheap

I hate Diet Coke - funny chemical taste only some people seem to be able to taste.

But the Dunnes _Diet_ Coke is exactly like _Regular_ CokeCola.
    Very nice.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah I find dunnes stores cola is quite nice. Haven't tasted the dunnes stores diet cola, is it aspartame they use like in regular diet cola (nasty stuff btw). aspartame can have the weird effect that everything you eat while drinking diet soda tastes sweet (it doesn't actually activate your sweet tasting taste buds, but the actual cells in your brain).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

BOYCOTT COCA COLA
    www.killercoke.org

should we not ban everything that has anything to do with northern ireland so, surely if theres going to be sutch uproar as a result of paramilitary murders in a country thousands of miles away then we should have the same feeling towards one that borders us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    BOYCOTT COCA COLA

www.killercoke.org

Dunno much bout it - and the site above gives an extremly one sided activists viewpoint - but it sounds to me as if it was the local bottler companies
    which Cokes uses in Colombia bumping off the trade union heads - doesnt really seem to stand up that it was directly Cokes fault....
    Still - I try not to touch it myself - cannot be good for you.

"
    ...Coca-Cola’s legal defense "is not that the murder and terrorism of trade unionists did not occur," according to an ILRF press release. The company argues that it cannot be held liable in a U.S. federal court for events outside the United States. "Coca-Cola also argues that it does not ‘own,’ and therefore does not control, the bottling plants in _Colombia."

In late March, a judge dismissed Coca-Cola from the lawsuits—on grounds that the firm does not have control over the labor practices of its bottlers—but allowed the case against the bottlers to go forward. A request for an appeal is pending.
    "
    http://www.dollarsandsense.org/1103baran.html

“Roll it back”

Advertisement