Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental for Aisling-type phone on Eircom bill

Options
  • 19-11-2003 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hello Everybody,

I remember reading somebody's sig file here a long while back that said something to the effect "Are you still paying rental for an Aisling telephone on your Eircom bill?" (or something like that). I presume tha implication was that there was a way to avoid it.

I was concentrating on something else at the time and neglected to take note of it. I have tried searching using a number of keywords but can't find anything to match it.

Does anyone know what it was or who the sig belongs to? I know its only a few quid a month but I don't want to pay it if I don't have to (especially since I dumped the phone years ago!).

Thanks for any help,

Regards,
    Tommy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

seeing as you are paying now you ring Eircom 1901 and get a replacement, free.

when it arrives you ring 1901 and cancel the €4 payment, they wont ask for it back

M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

First link in sig

(or just follow Muck's advice)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Originally posted by Muck
    seeing as you are paying now you ring Eircom 1901 and get a replacement, free.

when it arrives you ring 1901 and cancel the €4 payment, they wont ask for it back

M

what do you mean? that you can get a free replacement for your rental phone? if so, i'm definitely getting one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I managed to get them to take it off my mother's bill by simply pointing out that we'd already paid for about 20 phones in the preceding years. No argument from Eircom person and no more bills received :D

Advertisement