Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennheiser RS 85 Best Price

Options
  • 19-11-2003 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭

Am looking to get myself these this weekend as i've had years of faithful service from my HD565 Ovations and would really like a wireless solution now.

Peats do them , but the asking price of €264.00 seems a little steep.

Anyone know of anywhere else in the Dublin area that does them cheaper?

Also a little concerned by the analogue aspect, does this mean there will be aubible hiss? , would be interested in hearing any other recommendations about wireless headsets .

thanks,

Longfield.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Longfield look here for a good price and here.
    If you do get them tell us how you get on with them. :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Also a little concerned by the analogue aspect, does this mean there will be aubible hiss? , would be interested in hearing any other recommendations about wireless headsets .

Yes there will be. Noise and distortion levels are significantly higher than wired headphones... and very noticeable.

Personally I'd avoid the RS85 (it has extra noise reduction circuitry, which does anything but help the sound), I found it had very little in the way of bass, has a very distracting high noise floor and theres an overall lack of detail.

If you HAVE to get a wireless headphone then perhaps the RS65 (which I haven't auditioned, but it doesnt have the noise reduction feature).. even then theres no wireless set I've heard that comes close even to my $30 PX100s, never mind my HD580s.. imo get an extension cord for your HD565s, unless you actually intend to walk around the house with your headphones on.

That said the RS-85s are very light, nice velvet pads on the ears, slightly smaller cups than the 580s (if you've big ears that could be a problem), and are very comfortable to wear, the reception distance is quite remarkable, and theres little degradation of the sound when your three or four rooms away from the transmitter, comes with an extra battery too, so you can leave one charging.

But if you HAVE to get it.. askdirect.co.uk would be the best bet I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Originally posted by greenman
    Longfield look here for a good price and here.
    If you do get them tell us how you get on with them. :):):)

Thanks m8, the first link has a really nice price (£109 ex shipping) but they only deliver to the uk according to the online ordering system :(

Kali, thanks for confirming my worst fears :( , at least its before i forked out dosh for them . The velvet earpads look exactly like the ones on my HD565's which is extremely comfortable, dont want leather or plastic ones as i imagine would be a little hot and ikky in warm weather so this was a major factor in my purchase decision..no point in buying uncomfortable headphones imho.

Think i'll save up for a better digital solution.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Well its only €50 less but you can get the Sennheiser RS 65 Wireless Heaphones for €199.95

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Longfield if you have a moment this page might be worth a read. :):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement