Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alex with £29 million to spend

• 19-11-2003 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Alex Ferguson has been told he has £29 million to spend on new players when the transfer window opens again.United have already have a bid accepted for Marseille centre back Van Buyten for £12 million.He will cover Rio Ferdinand should he get a long ban.Any other views on who United will buy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Another rumour out today is that they are interested in Luis Fabiano from Sao Paulo and they will have to pay €16mil for him. He has an average of just under 1 goal every game and he is only 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Or maybe if they stretch it to the limit they could waste the whole lot on another Rio Ferdinand.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Or maybe if they stretch it to the limit they could waste the whole lot on another Rio Ferdinand.
    *snore*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I Think we need another top class striker firstly and maybe anoter Cb wouldn,t go amisss but Utd usuall do all their dealings in the closed season. If Ferdinand gets a lenghty ban before Xmas maybe fergie would be force to buy but he does have brown returning soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

With £29m you could get half a decent racehorse!

I see 2sh1tsjackson is up to his usual IQ standard. (Not very high.)

With £29m you could get half a decent racehorse!

Check gender first though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

I see 2sh1tsjackson is up to his usual IQ standard. (Not very high.)
    and with an average of 4.57 posts and a total of 31 I'm guessing you've either been on boards for roughly 6 days, in which case your making a very rushed judgement - or else your somebodies reincarnation....

Appart from cover for Rio I can't see alex spending too much unless it is on youth. I would go along with the need for another big striker but I'm sure it won't be something that will be rushed over christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Looks like fergie has Liam Miller in his sights http://www.manutdonline.org/news06.php

Good move , haven,t seen much of miller but what i have has been very impresssive and if they get him when he is out of contract they wont have to touch the reporterd 29m.

Welcome back p.pete, been anywhere nice or just keeping a low profile?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah miller has impressed me aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

dont see miller going to utd

really hope celtic manage to keep a hold of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ahh Miller is staying at celtic which is a good chose for him to develope his football even further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Absolutely, he should carry on playing in a backwater two team league to realise his potential :rolleyes:

Advertisement