Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a Paypal transaction be rejected for insufficient funds?

Options
  • 19-11-2003 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

use ebay a lot for buying cds/records/dvds
    usually send drafts - no problem but slow

thinking of registering for paypal. I know you have to wait for the code to appear on your credit card statement and then you use that to verify your account

so each time you use paypal to buy something your credit card account is debited, right?

what happens if your credit card is up to or over its limit and you want to pay someone by paypal - can the payment be rejected for "insufficent funds" or does it automatically go through anyway?
    obviously if there is a chance it will be rejected you are leaving yourself open for negative feedback and as I only pay into my credit card once a month when I get paid there may be times when the card is up to the max

so maybe I'd be better off sticking to drafts

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

i'm not sure if you understand the system totally,
    (i could be wrong), basically if your credit card has no funds, paypal cant debit it to pay your seller.

This just means the payment wont go through, it doesnt automatically mean you'll get negative feedback, it just means you'll haev to ask the seller to wait for payment, or accept another method.

thats probably not much help, but i thought i'd throw it out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
    so each time you use paypal to buy something your credit card account is debited, right?

yes. or you can also top up your paypal balance with your credit card. so you know how much you have in your paypal account.

then when you make a purchase, and you don't go over the balance you had in your paypal account - then your credit card won't be touched.

if you try to send a payment and you're over your credit card limit and you have no funds in your paypal account, you won't be able to.

Advertisement