Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinion needed

Options
  • 20-11-2003 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

i have fanilly admitted defeat and said its time to get water cooling iwas looking at this kit http://www.hitide.ie/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_22_37/products_id/140
    ts pretty cheap and says it got all i need to cool my 3000xp I was wondering if anyone could help me with which kit i should buy in general i want something that will lower my temp from 65 to 45

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

dunno man, just remember you gets what you pays for....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

yer but dont have that big a buget

i suppose you have to way the pros and cons.

it is a cheap unit which is good for the pocket but will it deliver what you want it to. i know that some of the cheaper ones arnt really all that quieter than air cooling. i dont know enough about all the water coolers to give an opinion on that specific one.

i tried to find a review on it with not much luck. i suppose you could try to find reviews on the individual parts. google it!

if you do find out a review will you please post the link... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yes! and if you do get it tell us what it's like cause I'm not looking for huge performence but coolness and quiet and it seems that water cooling is the best way to go about it...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ive had an Xp3000+ that ran at 65 degrees (load) with the stock cooler (overclocked), i went to HiTide and got the Inovatek XXS water cooling kit and an extra 120mm fan (for the other side of the rad) ......... temps went down about 20 degree's (mabye more).

The XXS kit should (IMO) be around 6-8 degree's cooler than the cheaper kit (if you have 2x120mm fans on the rad).

Water cooling will involve cutting your case and drilling, if you run the 2 fans at 7v then it should be almost silent...... next thing you will hear is your PSU or Harddrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

yep the 3000xp stock cooling does stuck ass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

yep the 3000xp stock cooling does stuck ass

What it attaches itself onto your ass!!??. That must be a world of pain:D . Messing apart though was that 65C figure on load? I'd hope it was cause 45C on load is what I'd expect from water cooling...if not better. I know once you remove one source of noise you find 20 other sources:rolleyes: . I'm begining to wonder if I should replace my desk lamp cause it humms when it's on.

:ninja: I'm MAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

almost missed this thread: ;)

the only differences between the "cheap" kit and the "expensive" kits are:
    - the pump has a 230V plug (European) so you need an adaptor to plug it into the irish mains. This also means you have to guide the powercable somehow through you case (maybe oben slot).

- The CPU cooler is made from a different (cheaper) metal. This means it cools not as good as the copper ones (difference around 5 - 8 degrees not much more).

The rest is _exactly_ the same as with the more expensive kits.
    This means: almost silent, good components, system plugs, good radiator etc.
    (if you hear some noise from the pump (depends on your computer case) that might be the vibrations, but the vibrations dampers will eliminate them completely)

What you can do later on (if you want to overclock or include the graphics card, harddrives or what ever ;) : you can simply add different components (you can even upgrade the pump to the 12 volts version).

The radiator and pump are powerful enough to cool the harddrive and graphics card as well.

If you have questions, let me know,

jow

The CPU cooler is made from a different (cheaper) metal. This means it cools not as good as the copper ones (difference around 5 - 8 degrees not much more).
    would it be possible to replace this part and if so would it be worth it cost wise?

• Advertisement

just had a look around... an extra 70 bucks

Advertisement