Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43" Rear proectionn tv

Options
  • 20-11-2003 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I have been looking for a new tv for a while now and as iwas intending too spend 3-4k i was taking my time in finding the best deal.
    But lately i have seen the 43/44" rear projection tv's are very cheap and decided that one of these may be an option as i can get one for 1450 which seems like a great deal.
    Has any body got one of these and what are the pro's/cons of one as they seem too good to be true.And what does the rear proection bit mean,is it not a stand alone unit or will i have a projector that needs to be mounted in front of the tv.

Cheers
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

for all intents and purposes it looks like a standard tv except that u cant put anything under the screen (dvd etc) bcos thats where the picture is produced. I picked up a sony 44" for €1500 in work a couple of months ago and am delighted with it, picture is superb and watching everything in 44" of widescreen is excellent.

http://cheapest.discount-home-electronics.co.uk/televisions/Sony_KP44PX2.shtml

http://www.discount-home-electronics.co.uk/televisions/Sony_KP44PX2.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

can you use games consoles on rear projection ? or does it suffer from blurring or screen burn ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

im not an expert, but i believe rear projection tv's are not the best for game consoles.they suffer black outs, and can leave spots and what not on the tube for ever.

not nice...........

its similar to ghosting suffered by monitors.........

if you are going to use this for alot of video games, it would be best if you looked at other options.

Hmmm,
    If you are spending that, there was a samsung plasma advertised in dixons for €4299 in october.

Don't know if they still have them, but it's a 42"
    model ps42p35x/xeu/a with a tuner table stand and speakers.

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the only issue with useing a console with a rear projection tv is screen burn, but ur talking leaving the same screen on for a cuple of hours as long as nothing is staying on the screen permeantly without going off for even second r 2 then ur fine. i dont no of any game that NEVER ever changes the screen , i mean even the fade out and back in on a level change will put off the burn effect for another couple of hours till the next level change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Ive sold about 15 of these (Samsung 42" R-Projection), and we havent had a single complaint or problem yet.

There a savage piece of kit, most of them have 2 TV tuners, so you can watch a DVD, and Sky Digital/Use Teletext or watch 2 tv channels at the same time.

The sound quality is usually a lot better than your adverage television.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Have you looked at the projector option, might be worth a look, 2000 would get you a good projector. Depends on what you like I suppose, might be worth looking into do.

I bought a Panasonic AE100, very good quality and inexpensive.

:)

Advertisement