Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by Victor
    I'm never quite sure how tight to twist the twisty one and am afraid of the glass breaking in my hand.

Had that happen to me a couple of years ago. Luckily I didn't cut myself or anything but I've been very careful of the amount of pressure I put on the bulb when screwing it in ever since.

And I'm sadden and disappointed that somebody hasn't said something like this so far in this thread.......

You's all like screwing lightbulbs, do ye's?

Yeah, well, I like screwing yore ma! HAHAHAHAHA!

Two pages in and I'm the first to mention "Yore Ma". Come on, people, ye're starting to slip! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Only problem with the treaded bulbs (as opposed to they bayonet ones) is that the work loose and you may have to tighten them every few weeks.

*Notes Argos specifically exclude christmas tree lights from the 16 day money back offer - so you can't change them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Only problem with the treaded bulbs (as opposed to they bayonet ones) is that the work loose and you may have to tighten them every few weeks.

Apparently they're called "bayonet" ones is because they screw in just like the bayonets screwed onto the guns in the first world war (I actually heard this from a lecturer the other day). Just to let you all know!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

can i just point out that this has gone completely off topic!

muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

its not gone off topic..its exactly on topic....mmm did anyone ever liek those topic bars youd get in a selection box ??? I dont see them so much any more but then i dont buy or get some many selection boxes as i used to...I miss curley wurlies...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I propose we have a grammar/grammar correction forum to deal with such pressing matters

I agree curly wurlys were greyt.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight

I can't believe this is being discussed seriously :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i am always breaking the socket for the light bulb with my head :(

that is all :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    I can't believe this is being discussed seriously :)

ROFLMAO

Man, I thought Adam's post was funny, but the fact that it's proven in the exact same thread just makes it extra good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm not sure which category i fit into :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

I should mention that I'm actually skipping a Building Services lecture on Lighting to read this post.

And NO I dont know what you call them. I'm leaning towards lamps though!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I'm leaning towards lamps though!

I did that once got me a nasty little burn....ouch !

Careful now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Thanks for the heads up.;) Just a slight singe, hope it doesnt leave a mark.:(

Advertisement