Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe ActiveX settings for Internet Explorer 6?

• 20-11-2003 3:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right spot for this thread but couldn't find a forum just for web browing. Please move it if I've stuck it in the wrong spot.

As a precaution against nasty ActiveX code I've set all ActiveX controls to prompt so if I'm browsing a site I don't trust I just wont allow any ActiveX controls to run. This was working for for the last few weeks but its starting to drive me insane and on certain sites just having the prompts come up cause hassle. Eurogamer's an example of this.

So I'm curious which settings in IE security are safe to set to always run or am I best at plugging away as I am?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

i usually have it turned off, set it to always ask you what to do, you need activX only to view flash or install something, download popupcop, with it you'll have a controll over activx and many other options from your toolbar

Advertisement