Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alienware Area 51m Gaming Notebook

Options
  • 20-11-2003 4:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm going to order an Alienware Area 51m gaming notebook in about 2 days.

I was just wondering if any of you guys can tell me what you think of alienware and if they are worth the money

Also if anybody here owns one please tell me what is your experience of their customer care and the quality of their products etc also if they perform as well as they say and if they have any problems running highly demanding games such as Star Wars Galaxies An Empire Divided.

:D

Here is a link to a picture and infomation on the notebook http://www.alienware.com/system_pages/area-51m.aspx

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

first off, this is the LAN parties thread, not the "what do you think of this" thread. It would probably be better suited to tech or HW.

As computers go, Alienware pride themselves on building machines specifically for gaming, so you will have no worries there. They can be a little pricey, but if you want to have a machine that will have other laptop owners drooling with envy, go for it.

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the terminator3

THANKS for the advice at least i know i'm not making the wrong decsion.

I will definitly order one tomorrow or the next day I am going to get silver.

Yes I know the forum proably could of been better chosen but i thought people into lan parties would of been knowledgeable which you were Thanks.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

cant recommend there sales service enough tbh i would pay the xtra money just for that plus buying a laptop is not like buying a desktop u cant make a laptop urself so i would say go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the terminator3

Hi,

I ordered the notebook in saucer silver today and it should be delivered in 15 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Bit late, but I know someone with one. after about a month they rang him up to ask him how he was getting on. All good btw, they also sent him out a free optical mouse subject to the conversation, nice service.

Oh btw, they're beautfiull machines but check out the fan hole on the bottom of them, better prop em up for good ariflow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

terminator 3 - that sig is FAR too big, 77KB at my count.

If you want to pimp the competition, just include the link in your sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Did you order from the american or british site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

did you get it dude?

Alienware's support sucks dude! consider yourself lucky if you get it wo problems

btw have you heard of Sager? the same much cheaper company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    did you get it dude?

Alienware's support sucks dude! consider yourself lucky if you get it wo problems

btw have you heard of Sager? the same much cheaper company?

have u got a link to sager thinkin of gettin a gaming laptop myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

• Advertisement
Advertisement