Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules for Online Dating

Options
  • 20-11-2003 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

http://www.lancearthur.com/archives/000142.html

The ratio of men whom you ask out to the number who will actually respond to your request for coffee: 7 to 1.

The number of men you consider better looking than you who will answer any message at all, even "Help me, my hair is on fire and I live at 451 Linden St.!": 0

The likelihood that the results of any search you perform for a match, no matter how detailed, will include pictures of men who only display their dicks: 100%

Of the number of men who respond to your request for coffee, the percentage of which will end up on a second date with you: 10%

Of that number, the percentage of which you agreed to go on a second date because you were too much of a pussy to say, "No, actually, I find you boring and your pictures were obviously taken when you were in High School or something": 50%

Finally, the likelihood that you will actually find someone you like who likes you back and something 'clicks' and you end up in a relationship together:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Michael6754

Hear hear! How c**p did gaydar etc. turn out to be once the initial novelty wore off? What a waste of time. Much better to meet people the old fashioned way I think. At least then you know whether or not you fancy 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Yeah, I deleted my gaydar account a while back and do not miss them in the least.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I didn't delete mine because I'm an eternal optimist despite an extreme lack of having found anyone worthwhile yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

And its such a nice profile too.

Thanks! You've seen it? How did you work out my username :D

P.S. - it's not ixoy! Some U.S. fella stole that on me! But it is vaguely similiar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I personnally think I've a better chance of meeting someone worthwhile online, someone who'll like me for who I am, not how i look, to that end I've removed my pics from my profile and will only show them to someone I consider to be genuine.

I havn't met many people from personnal's sites, 5 people I believe, 4 of which I met based on looks and didn't take much time to get to know them, I don't talk to them now, the other I met because we talked for some time and I believed him to be a nice person, I was right and now consider him a close friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

always give out your credit card details and personal information while chatting online

That's right Stanley. It's also best to meet in a dark alleyway - that way you know you won't be interrupted! If you don't have a credit card, you should hand over laser card details: it's a show of trust. Gadyar is a great way to meet an interesting variety of freaks whom you'd never get to meet in the daily run of your life :)

Advertisement