Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN.... at long bloody last

• 03-11-1999 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Seems that after our little epic struggle with Irk'em, the muppets (sorry Excelsior, there is simply no other word for them that the board censor won't have a hissy fit at tongue.gif ) are finally gonna get around to installing ISDN for myself and Cave tomorrow. And just in time for the UK Unreal Tournament league, too...

Fingers crossed, now... Five bloody months of offline time is a little too much for an addict like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

like itll make any difference to your game play smile.gif

crap player with a lower ping
    hahahahaha

whitewashman is dominating the opposition smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

We shall see young man. Btw, that has now been put back to next week, FUKIN EIRCOM CRUSTY W@NK STAINS, cos das all they is, crusty W@NK stains.

I shant be back till next week (bloody Irish)

juNk san

can't even say w@nk ffs

[This message has been edited by juNkie (edited 03-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Could one of u nice peeps tell me the basic costs of ISDN.
    i.e how much are the shaggers gonna shake me down for the install ?
    Are call costs the same, double for dual line etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Standard install for ISDN is 348 + VAT, they have a special offer of 220 + VAT atm, dunno when thats ending, could well have ended by now.

Decent ISDN adapter is about 100 for an internal up to 200 or so for external. If you want dual you do pay for two phone calls at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Well thats good to hear Shinji san and Junk la m8's.. 5 months offline eh shinji m8.. is that why ya never replied to me mails about me cd's..
    Sigh..
    MUWAHAHAHA
    GUD LA's..
    Chiefy la..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

heeheeeeee
    if u get ISDN in ennis right.....u only pay something like 1/3 of teh overall costs

god its great to live in such a shy te town!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Eh lads.. just thought ye might loike to hear,,,,, i applied for an ISDN on a thursday ans they came and connected it up on the friday of the next week,,, all of eight days tongue.gif never mind this six month wait shoite. smile.gif

It does make a mad difference, and i get 14k/sec downloads using dual connect smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BugBlaster (edited 03-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Oh as for a TA .... PCPRO in cork sell em for £49 plus vat... a decent yoke made by RVS and its dual connect if ye need it to be.it also has an analogue port for making normal calls. They also sell an external unit costin about £80 plus vat.

[This message has been edited by BugBlaster (edited 03-11-99).]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Lads - tell me you are going to write a diary on this because I am so fu(king interested in how it develops. My fu(king *****I am.

M