Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom I-stream Hidden charges

2»

Comments

Do Eircom pass on the extra charges in higher wages to their Broadband support staff??

Are they being paid more for instance that their IOL or Click silver counterparts??

Does it cost more to run customer support in Eircom than with the other providers ie are they ineffecient??

Or is it the case as I strongly suspect that they are just profiteering at the expense of their customers ??

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

tom.butler@comreg.ie will tell you the exact procedure for getting your line fixed and for getting compo (you are entitled to a full rebate for the outage) from Eircom once the line has been out for more than 48 hours. Keep at him. :D

You should get a rebate for DSL and Line Rental separately .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Man
    Does it cost more to run customer support in Eircom than with the other providers ie are they ineffecient??
    eircom have an €11,000,000 advertising budget. And listening to the radio, and watching TV suggests that they're spending some chunk of it on broadband.

Personally, I think it's money down the drain, but those suits have to justify their salaries somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

I just got a reply from Comreg. They basically said that eircom are quite entitled to charge for the support line because apparently I agreed to this by signing a contract with them. I know the whole contract thing has been discussed here at length, and I know that eircom say that by installing their software I accept the terms of the contract, but have to say that I never signed any contract, nor was I made aware that I was indeed entering a contract at any point. The comreg email is below :
    Dear *******

I would like to acknowledge your e mail dated the 20th of November regarding eircoms technical support line and the charges that are incurred on this line.

I must advise you that this is a contractual matter and the premium rate number they have applied to this package is a part of the terms and conditions of that package.

ComReg are currently investigating this issue with eircom. I will contact you when there is any update on this issue.

Best Regards

At least Comreg are looking into it.

Advertisement