Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speaker position ??

Options
  • 20-11-2003 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

I know this may have been dont to death at this stage, but what are peoples opions on speaker position. In particular small speakers about an inch down from the ceiling (possibly in the corners of the room). Is this good or bad for sound. Is it better to have the speakers at listening height ?

I considering buying either of two sony system the SAVE545 or the HTBE1 (very small speakers) room is about 15 ft by 15 ft pretty square.

any ideas ?

Comments

Just above your head at sitting level I was always told.

You want the surround sound from the rears where you can hear it best, and not shooting across the ceiling.

{ / unless of course you have spiders up there and want to get rid of them :D }

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I'd go along with you Man:) :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Well you have to experiment yourself to get the best speaker positions. Rotate the front speakers inwards toward the listener and try moving them farther apart, or position the rear speakers closer or farther away.

One more thing, the sub-woofer should be on the floor and the closer it is to a room corner, the stronger the bass will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

In a perfect world you are ment to have the rears 1m above your ears, facing slightly downwards, and the front tweeters should be at ear level.
    But just messing around till it sounds good to you is the best way to make yourself happy,

Njoy
    Sean

Advertisement