Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeworld - A game that isn't Quake.

Options
  • 03-11-1999 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Anyone played Homeworld yet?
    It's the business!!! Myself and Bunny were playing it multiplayer over the Lan but after a while it always crashed. Probably because we had so many ships.
    Anyyyways....has anybody tried it over the net yet? Also, whats the story with that mission where all your ships blow up if you go too far away from the mothership?

There seems to be loads of bugs in my version, but I can't patch it (usual reason).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Its a fun game, and a great concept... I dunno about lasting playability tho. Seems to be the same each game... all of you race for missile destroyers and heavy cruisers, blast the harvesters and then take out the mothership :/

I think I'll give it a few more goes in multiplayer tho smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Homeworld is an OOHH soo sweet game, only had a chance to play 1v1 so far, lookin forward to playin a big mosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The multiplayer game gets a bit montonus after a while. It's all the same thing to win. The person who has the most ships win. So resource injection games suck.

As for single player, are you talking about the Supernova level? You have to travel along the debris conduits to stop your ships from being destroyed. If you create a probe and launch it , it shows you where.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Whats the name or the site url of the program you need after unziping it?

I pulled the plug on Dublan :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Does anybody know if Tomb Raider is a good game?....Blah only messing.
    Anyway all this RTS crap is driving me mad. What about a longer lasting experience SP wise like X-Beyond the Frontier. Hear it's Fab.An Elite for our generation. (Mind you the original Elite was an Elite for my generation but anyway)

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah an then there was Frontier which was sh|te and all the rest which were even more so. God, all I want is a kick ass graphics busting elite game with a cool interface that is as complex as I need to be.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR??????

(btw I am currently drunk)

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

probably the best rts i've played. It's way too laggy once you get a decent amount of ships, online

Advertisement