Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for new COMEDY forum

Options
  • 20-11-2003 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Hullo,

I was just wondering how I would go about getting one set up. There would be quite a bit of interest from fellow comedians in Ireland and from people looking to discuss comedy on TV/Stage/Movies/etc.

Anyway let me know how to do this if you could please..........

Cheers,
    Johnny
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You ... post here!

Getting it created will depend on interest shown on Feedback / Suggestions (I'll move it there in a tick) and how well this is covered by existing fora.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

cheers ecksor thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

icon14.gif

Sounds like a decent idea.

Would it be a sub section of "Humour"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

change theatre forum to "theatre/comedy/performing" or something?

yeah i would rather have it in the arts performing area than a sub forum of humour although mebbe you can put it there and link it through?????

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Johnnynolegs.... how can you tell that there would be a sizeable interest from comedians in Ireland?

This needs support to be created I think, I'm not really sure theres a strong need for it but I could be swayed.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

i would be very interested i reading this fourm....but its unlikley i would have much to post about

hactcually ...maybe extending the scope of the theater board would be a good way to do this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by lafortezza

I'd think that's the best idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Originally posted by lafortezza

if any action were to be taken i'd go for this one. personally dont think a comedy board is needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

andysbongos.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

alot of posts on standup comedy end up in Humour, where they are probably out of place given the nature of the board.

I'd say the current theatre board is quiet enough but very different from comedy (stand up variety anyway). I'd say a dedicated comedy in the arts section would be good.

well i think this would get the support needed from comedians and people who want to find out about comedy shows alike once it got started - a lot of irish comedians use forums on chortle.co.uk to talk about comedy as there is none in ireland so i think based on this it would get a good amount of interest

Advertisement