Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mitsubishi/Black Diamond DVD Player

• 20-11-2003 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Got one of these yesterday for €89.

I was surprised at what this little machine could do, but its great!
    There's no mention of this in the box or manuals, but it is multi-region and comes with a scart cable and remote with batteries. Plays DVDs, VCD's, SVCD's, audio CD's, MP3 CD's, Jpegs, mpeg videos. Class. Its a very slim unit also.

To see what it could do I burned a CD-RW with a mixture of jpegs, mp3s, and mpeg videos. It played the jpegs in a slideshow, will also display thumbnails. MP3s played flawlessly, and random mpegs downloaded from the internet also worked a charm.

DVD image quality is great, but the audio is 2-channel only. No problem for me though, since I've no special speakers or anything. I tried a few different DVD's on it - including Band of Brothers (region 1) and Dogma (region 2).

Sherwoods in Carlow, Kilkenny and Waterford have these for 89, as do a bunch of other local electrical retailers. I'd guess the likes of power city probably have them even cheaper. If i find a picture of one I'll add it to this post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

I too have a BlackDiamond which is suppose to play all of the above, but appears to die a death with Video CDs. Doesn't appear to like them at all even though it states in the manual that it plays all standards of VCD.
    Bought the Yamada home cinema system from Amazon for about 69STG and plays literally everything I throw at it.

Can you check your machine with Video CDs to see how you get on to satisfy my curiousity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Whats the model name of the dvd player cos im looking out for a good region free player that plays almost anything

Anyone got a link?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yes it plays SVCDs and VCDs without a hitch. Model number is BD48DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

CD players that can play back mp3s are rare. Can you connect a few speakers to this unit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It only has 2-channel (Stereo) output I think. I don't know anything about speakers myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement