Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How easy is Dreamweaveer to pick up?

Options
  • 20-11-2003 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

stupid question I know. But I need to pick it up enough to do an eshot/newsletter in it. I know html, and all the other web languages inside out but is dreamweaver ok to pick up in a tiny amount of time. Just firing a few pictures and text together?

Please please tell me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's very easy to pick up. It's also very powerful.
    However, if you're only going to be doing a newsletter and already know HTML it might be overkill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Its like anything else Practise makes perfect before I even started 4 years ago on DW I read and studied some html books HTML Goodies which I found very helpful

and it can be very powerful as blacknight said and its the wysiwyg editor i would use
    give it a couple of weeks.

and as you said you have some what of a background so it should be no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

I've recently taught myself how to build static sites with DW and would have to agree with the comments above. I found the DWMX Bible book by Joseph Lowery to be a very helpful aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Originally posted by blacknight
    However, if you're only going to be doing a newsletter and already know HTML it might be overkill

Agreed.
    The 'Sams' range of teach yourself books are very good.

Advertisement