Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theme Nights

• 20-11-2003 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Do you believe theme nights are better craic than normal nights out?

What is the best theme night you have been to and how was the theme conveyed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I went to a masked ball in France but it sucked coz we weren't able to drink there.

Still, I think theme nights are more fun as everyone has to make an effort instead of just turnig up at the pub.

But - the emphasis should be on creativity and originality - not on ppl spending a fortune on costumes or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

Good theme nights are super heros cos you can be really creative and wear anything. Other good ones are pimps and prostitutes, back to school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Or Naked & Nakedness

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yeah School Discos really rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Masked Ball is a nog go, its too hard to drink and harder to score with a mask on (well, for most people anyway).

School Disco's seem to be a good idea in practice but they haven't been too popular in DIT for some reason.

Pimp'ss and Ho's also good idea, there has been one and i heard that it didn't go to well but might try again.

Superheros night I like because you can be anything (might actually go with this one).

Naked and Nakedness won't really fly in this weather, maybe later in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah there da best night out you could have we had an austin powers night, schoolgirls night and saints and sinners night during oct in dannos and the fun was excellent it was a shame i was working for most of them:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the ucd C&E had the beach ball which seemed to go down very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Pirates would rock!

As for school uniforms - that would suck - had enough of that at school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by simu
    Pirates would rock!

As for school uniforms - that would suck - had enough of that at school.
    girls going around in tiny mini skirts and really tight blouses(spl???) that doesnt suck for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

toga now there is heaven lol or gender reversals! there is an idea for a night themed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm playing around with three themes at the moment and have them at the proposal stage. We will probably do at least two of them in 2004.

One of the themes was one suggested here. All will be revealed when its set in stone.

Gonna survey DIT students over the coming weeks to assess attitudes to ents and branding issues.

Thanks everyone for your help here.

If you have any more ideas be sure to post them.

Advertisement