Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE MOST IMPORTANT DUBLAN ANNOUNCEMENT.

Options
  • 21-10-1999 8:10pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A lot of people have very kindly offered to buy me a pint at the convention. I should point out again that there are a lot of other people giving time and effort to make this happen, but I appreciate the gesture and the sentiment.

What would make me happy and I would view as a really big "thanks" is if everyone who can make it turned up at the charity auction. (Sunday Evening)

The people who blundered into it last year will tell you its a howl and I'll be the compare for the evening. (so you can heckle me ... gowan, I dare you smile.gif )

Ever penny (and I mean every single penny) goes to help childrens charities around the country. I've been the custodian of the bank account for a year and I saw a lot of the good it has done, which cant be described.

If you want to buy me a pint, just keep the cash in your pocket and come to the auction.
    I swear if you dont have a killer night you need to check your pulse.

Its over at 11:30 ish and afterwards theres a plan to go to a nightclub (Janeymackers is DJing I think)

Tom.

ps: just one of the things up for grabs is a fully functioning, genuine origical 4-player "Gauntlet" arcade machine.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 21-10-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

hehh ya that auction last year was fun...great fun and a huge laugh smile.gif

Now see at last year's one..I got a picture of DeV half naked and since I won't be there this year I have given it to someone to put up for auction
    dev tongue.gif

Think I'll bid with him just to get it back wink.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah Adra, I sent you the money and you didnt burn the negatives?

It's true, I was half naked (the "proper" half) it all gets so bizzarre...
    Hey, the q2 guys were bidding about 500 quid for some female slaves! (The q1 guys tried but were a little short of cash smile.gif )

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

OMG!!!! whats the guide price on the Gauntlet machine!!??

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I paid 200 for it when I got it.
    Its the original one that was in Eden Quay for about 10 years, prolly fetch a tidy sum to a collector. Its even got the manual!

The buttons and joysticks work perfectly but need occasional maintenance after particularly long sessions smile.gif

(btw I clocked it on 10p once. Took 11 hours. Ouch.)

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

OMG I KNOW THAT MACHINE!!! I can give you a brief history of it, where someone almost lost thier life on it.

I was watching some guy rack up some serious score and had been playing for ages. Two guys came in and put a few quid in to stay alive longer. They reached a level where "shots now hurt other players" and the expert player proceeded to kill one of the other guys (trapped him and shot him to death). After the dead guy said "wtf did you do that for" and he replied "get over it, it's only a game" the two of them then proceeded to kick the **** out of him. It was quite intresting to watch. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Can we buy you a pint and bid insane amounts of money?

Sky-(Approaching my 6th Gaelcon Charity Auction)-Clad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Sounds like he was in dire need of a good kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

A rare chance to own a piece of your heritage smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

OMG!!!!!!!

i know that machine!!!!!!!

it was right next to the akari warriors machine!!!!!!!!

i want it
    guys, we are buying this mothafu>er

i want it NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Can I get all my 10p's back out of it b4 it goes. I think theres about 50 quid of mine in their.
    Showing our age gentlemen.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

So what I want to know is what did it finaly for for? And to who?

Draco

It went for about 600 notes I think.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I hope it went to a good home.
    I never did get to beat JFK's score on elf smile.gif

Advertisement