Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

todays the day

• 20-11-2003 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

great news my clicksilver broadband is been activated today... (well great for me anyway)

oh oh....

i didn't get my modem yet, nor any communication from utv,
    ah well maybe tomorrow,
    else hopefully monday,
    or next friday,
    or the second wednesday in january,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

congrats. I'm sure utv will be in contact quickly, I got setup with them within the space of a week. Great feeling logging on for the first time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

How long did it take in total from signup to delivery of the modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

rang them, she said there is a problem, and to ring back in the morning to find out more

i signed up for clicksilver on wait for it.....

29th of september

yes 2 months ago, whole story is already posted in this board

yeah i'd say it is great to get broadband on your very own pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yeesh 2 months.... painful. I got a very quick turnaround so. From getting a new line installed to plugging in my DSL modem within 6 and a bit weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

NTL connected me within a week of my ordering their 600mbps service.

This 6 weeks to two months delay is entirely down to eircom putting reseller business to the bottom of the queue while their own sales staff promise installation within a week. For anybody on a RADSL (eircom reseller package) you can expect two things:

1 Slow delivery from a non-eircom supplier
    2 A probable contact from an eircom sales person while you're waiting.

If you don't get No. 2, it's because even the eircom sales people are leaving and there is a queue of people to visit.

What do you mean, I'm cynical? I have friends who have been through this cycle, and some who are still stuck in it after two months.

And you were very pleased to find that your Exchange was connected? And your line qualified?

Welcome to the War Zone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

rang them, she said there is a problem, and to ring back in the morning to find out more

Have you found out what the problem is yet?

Advertisement