Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MARK LANEGAN (Queens of the Stone Age/ Screaming Trees) This Sun & Mon

Options
  • 20-11-2003 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Full info and line-up for Sunday and Monday if you haven't got it...

MARK LANEGAN (Queens of the Stone Age/Screaming Trees).
    Support from ENEMY feat. guitarist/vocalist Troy Van Leeuwen (A Perfect Circle) and bassist Eddie Nappi.

Two special Irish performances following his appearances with Queens of the Stone Age at Slane in the summer and at The Ambassador in October last year.

This Sunday, 23 November - The Village, Wexford St, Dublin.
    Doors: 8.00pm sharp.

This Monday, 24 November - The Limelight, Belfast.
    Doors: 9.00pm sharp.

Limited tickets available: €20 (inc. booking fee) Dublin from Road, Soundcellar, Ticketmaster and usual outlets.
    £13 stg. (inc. booking fee) Belfast from The Limelight, Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

- These are two full Mark Lanegan Band shows featuring:
    Mark Lanegan - Vocals
    Troy Van Leeuwen - Guitar
    Eddie Nappi - Bass
    Brett Netson - Guitar
    Norman Block - Drums

Lanegan co-wrote and sang on 'Song For The Dead', 'Hangin' Tree', God is in the Radio', Song For The Deaf', and also co-wrote the massive

'No One Knows' (all from QOTSA's 2002 'Songs For The Deaf' album). He also contributed vocals to the Queens' landmark, 'Rated R' album on 'In The Fade', 'Auto Pilot', and 'I Think I Lost My Headache' (which he also co-wrote).

Most recently, the former Screaming Trees front-man hooked up with Martina Topley Bird for vocals on 'Need One' from her Mercury-Music Prize debut album.

Now he releases his 'Here Comes That Weird Chill' (Methamphetamine Blues, Extras & Oddities)' EP next Friday, November 28th.

The EP heralds the way for the Mark Lanegan Band's forthcoming new album 'Bubblegum', which will be released next spring.

Conceived as a single from the forthcoming album, 'Here Comes That Weird Chill...' has expanded to an 8 track EP with the inclusion of out-takes from the album sessions.

The out-takes include a cover of Captain Beefheart's 'Clear Spot' and new song 'Skeletal History', which was written by Mark and his Queens of the Stone Age band-mates, Josh Homme and Nick Oliveri.

The 'Bubblegum' album is also set to feature contributions from PJ Harvey.

Don't miss him when he previews the material 'live' this Sunday night at The Village, and Monday night at The Limelight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I really really wish payday was before this gig

Advertisement