Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too short for most women

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Originally posted by Legbreaker
    Cheer up.
    The average height of Irish men is 5' 7"
    The average height of Irish women is 5'5"
    Raymond O'Brien is the shortest person in Irish history. The midget, who died in 1795, was one foot eleven inches tall

From http://www.shanemcdonald.com/laughs/l-ireland-and-the-irish.html

Btw, 250k for a house in dublin by '05? Haven't we passed that? Could be out of date!

Mark:D

That can't be true. It would mean that I'm nearly a foot taller than your average paddy. I'm 6ft6 - possibly 6ft7, and must admit its pretty good but it has many hindrances too. I can't sit down on the newer dart carriages if there is someone in the seat opposite me, likewise with buses I require the whole seat to sit in slight comfort, so I usually have to stand but smack my head off the ceiling and have to more or less curl up into a ball to walk about on the top deck. Airplanes are an absolute whore. I regularly have random f*ckwits in the street either asking me how tall I am, or telling me that I am tall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm just 6 foot 1.... and built like a very wide brick shít house..... small women seem to love me.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

if all the women in your life see is height walk on bye
    its like guys only seeing blondes
    their loss not yours
    count yourself lucky to have been passed over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

5, 9 is not small!

I don't know why peole are so obsessed with height - a friend of mine chose to go out with tall moron than a really nice guy she got on well with - just because she was taller than him. It's such a throwback to the 19th century that some womem prefer men who are taller and older than them.

I've gone out with tall men but it's literally a pain in the neck as you have to look up when you talk to them! But, to be serious, I don't care how tall guys I go out with are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I have four mates who are over 6 foot, and none have any 'birds'.

Also, I am 5 foot 7 inches and height is never an issue because I know women can be so screwed up in the head.

@BrianD3, Why listen to this girl?? Obviously she is a little simple, listens to Hearsay and should not be able to offend you.

Tall people usually seem around same height as me when sitting, so I believe they just have gangly legs, and do I need my legs to have more lenght???

Being tall has advantages as does being smaller (not too small, eg Gary Coleman).

You must be young, once you mature you will look back and laugh! ;););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭BrianD3

BrianD3, Why listen to this girl?? Obviously she is a little simple, listens to Hearsay and should not be able to offend you.
    It's not just one girl. Over the years, numerous women have told me that I'm short. And it's not just giddy teenage girls - I've gotten it from women in their early-mid twenties too (I'm 25 myself BTW)

I just measured myself (my height :D ) in my shoes and I'm approx 5 ft 11. I still find it amazing that women would regard me as short. Maybe they are screwed in the head :)

Anyhow I was shopping yesterday and noticed something that was mentioned earlier in this thread - that a lot of short girls seem to go for very tall men, while taller girls go for guys nearer their own height. I saw several girls 5'2 - 5'3" with guys who were at least a foot taller than them. Whereas girls around 5'6"-5'7" were mostly with guys 5'10"-5'11" Maybe there is some truth in the idea that short women tend to go for big men in order to feel protected.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I think your getting obsessive over something very trivial indeed. Let me ask you a question - how many of these women have just come out of the blue with the 'you are too short line'? Or have you been priming the pumps with the question 'do you think Im too short?' If so you are predisposing them to think you are short. If you are not comfortable with your height how do you expect anyone else to be?

I think you need to chill out and relax about your height. Im barely five foot seven and I cant remember the last time by height was an issue. Its just part of what makes you who you are like having blonde hair or green eyes. Yes there will always be women who prefer taller guys but there will also be women who prefer shorter guys. Its the same as one guy liking slim woman and another likeing curvier women. The'res no great mystery or female conspiracy about it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

god the air smells so good here @ 6"6......

lol

anyway questions must be asked. how old are you?
    being tall has its disadvantages as well ( try shopping for trouser's)

stand straight and fly right..... women like that are muppets. or at least some other sort of seseme street charature anyway.

"the agent"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

5 9" is pretty much spot on for average height for men in ireland.

But it's all about perception I am just a tad over 5 10" but grow up in quite a tall family so always had this idea that i was short. At some stage I was thinking about my ex's and how tall they where and realised that some where shorter and some where taller and I was pretty much in the middle and never knowing worried about my height after that.

You can't change your height but you can change your thinking around it.

Get over what the two women said to you it's just daft if they came up to you and said you where to blond or to dark you would take it to heart so just brush there opions aside.

On a side note does anyone else find people shorter in Dublin then the rest of the country?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Im just under 6'2 and believe me its got nothin to do with height..
    But usually the women who do say that they only go for tall men are
    short fat and ugly who are trying to compensate for the lack of looks
    on their side...

Funnily enuff tho, i dont particularly like tall women.. anything over 5'6
    is a bit too tall for me.. dunno why, its just women between 5'2 and 5'6
    are the ones i usually go for.. strange or what???

I suppose there is no accounting for taste... :rolleyes: :confused:

Advertisement