Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi PC time again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭gmt

Does anybody know the manufacturer and model name of the TFT monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

would be medion aswell.

they are a very very good company. After sales support is of the best i have ever experienced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

They sold the same one last week in Germany for 1179 Euro...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

reason is vat differences. ireland = 21% and germany is around 16%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

That would make it 1229 in Ireland... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Holy hell! I want this pc. Does anyone know if the Parnell St. Aldi sell these specials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Anyone know where the closeist Aldi is?

Il probably going to buy that keyboard and mouse if someone can tell me where they are stocked :)

Does Parnell St Aldi have these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Guys,

If I could just say that I got hold of one of these last time round and they are a kick ass machine!!!! It's got lots of card readers built into it and loads of USB ports and so far have not had one bit of a problem with it....

Enjoy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Keep a eye out of the laptop's as well soon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i want that tablet! whats the deal with these items being stocked on the morning of 27th November. is there going to be enough in stock or is it first come first draw on the tablet kind of thing?

adnans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It's first come first served. Although, apparently, you can go in on Wednesday evening and "book" an item on special that'll be put away specailly for you. I'm not sure how true this is but definately worth a shot and a lot easier than camping out since 6 am!

Whereabouts can you actually get the stuff though? Which aldi stores actually have them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

AFAIK, every Aldi store in the country has them. I know the one in Dundalk definately has anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Lex

In response to your question will they have them in Parnell street. Well they certainly will, however it like a scrum when they open the doors and they'll be gone in a flash. But last time ALDI were taking orders for them after all the stock in the shop had been sold. So don't give up on it. I don't know how long it took for delivery though

I think ill be getting one of the keyboards and mice. I know i alredy have a wireless keyboard and mouse already ... but its ball and not optical.

Also, €30 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Look here for your nearest Aldi. :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 joshtheveniser

there was plenty to go around last time although i didn't buy one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Yea Lex, Parnell do sell them. But you may wanna Queue from an early time since Parnell is reall the only Aldi thats within the city.

My last 2 machines were bought from Aldi and tbh, they only get better an better.

First one was a p4 !.6Ghz about 2-3 years ago, was a savage machine when it was released but its only flaw was that it had SD-Ram instead of DDR or RD.

One i got this time last year (Tx-800, the Daddy of this machine) was such a ****ing good buy.
    2.66Ghz p4 (566Mhz FSB afaik), GF4 Ti4200 8x (Just when they were released) 120GB seagate (had a 120 GB IBm already). only problem with this one was that the Ram was only 1 256Mb stick. Upgraded by adding another 512 and tbh, its a newer machine. Super Fast.

Gud luck anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I fancy one of these LCD myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PersonalJesus

Any idea how many each store get in of these systems? Am very tempted by this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

people were queuing right out onto the street on saturday when i went past. looked v.busy inside too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 VarCass

Aldi on parnell st. is always jammers. I have never seen a queue in the place with less than 5 people in it. But anyway im gonna queue up on thursday mornin to buy the computer and i have 2 plans depending on how lazy and hungover i feel on the day.
    1. go out Wednesday night , get pissed ,stay up all night and start queuein at about 7
    Or 2. go out wednesday get pissed , sleep and queue up at 8.30

which is the better idea? Cos im not sure what the queues will be like.

And should i bring a weapon to beat of other angry shoppers?

Do you know if they open late now on Thursday?

I have collage most of the day but will venture in and buy the keyboard and mouse. Its illegal not to make use of this special offer i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

the one in coolock is .. it is down the road from northside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

I am really considering getting this machine.

But I would like to know about the graphics card.

Does an ati radeon 9800xl exist? or is it an ati radeon 9800xt which would be cool :-)

Its on all the sites/flyers etc.

Any update on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i was also wondering about this i have no idea what a radeon 9800 xl is, and the card is 128mb i think the xt's only come in the 256mb variety.

ah wait google is my friend

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/2971/

apparently msi have a radeon 9800xl which is a 128mb card in which fits in between a radeon 9800 and a radeon 9800 pro. The article also mentions it being supplied to medion for the aldi computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Discovering

I bought this machine this morning.

I waited 1.5 hours!

So was it worth the wait well I have yet to give it a good test but I ahve to say I am impressed.

One slight flaw though, The supplier keyboard and mouse are wireless so I hoped the mouse would be optical but no its a ball.

Other than that every thing was top notch.

Got a busy weekend ahead of me now!

Advertisement