Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM 03/04 Patch 4.1.2 Now Available

• 20-11-2003 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

CM 03/04 Patch 4.1.2 Now Available

List of Fixes Also Included

CM 03/04 Patch 4.1.2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

They need to patch already?!?

For fuck sake, I appreciate the support but they've had plenty of time to get the game released without twenty-odd bugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

we cant win! We had the stuff fixed, so what do we do hold onto the patch for a few weeks/months to make it look respectable?

Why weren't the problems fixed early enough to be on the disc that was shipped?

After all the problems with CM4 (which I happily suffered through given that it was a whole new game) it just seems to be taking the piss to ship another bugged disc.

Continual support is appreciated but a patch on release day for an update smacks of laziness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Why weren't the problems fixed early enough to be on the disc that was shipped?

After all the problems with CM4 (which I happily suffered through given that it was a whole new game) it just seems to be taking the piss to ship another bugged disc.

Continual support is appreciated but a patch on release day for an update smacks of laziness.

probably dictated by the Christmas market and the need to get CM out for the Christmas spending, only 5 weeks til Santy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I think it shows a respect for th fans of the game. they find some bugs and try to improve the game. SIGames are second to none for looking after their users.

They try to improve the gameplay and they get critisied and then they get critisied if they are bugs.

Keep up the good work Vaggabond and the rest of the SIGames Team. :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by irishgeo
    I think it shows a respect for th fans of the game. they find some bugs and try to improve the game. SIGames are second to none for looking after their users.
    Yes yes but it would be nice if they could catch some before they ship discs. I was expecting that some problems would crop up as the game is played by loads of people and that SI would patch for those sorts of bugs in a month or so.

A patch on release day means that they released a game they knew was unfinished, I find that irritating.

Bugs like this:
    Fixed problem with injured players being left out of international squads regardless of how long before they are fit
    and this:
    Normalised the number of training and match injuries.
    Shouldn't be creeping into the game at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's a fair point I suppose.
    At least the patch is there now, right from the get go and at just under 12mb it's not too harsh.
    I downloaded it last night, and didnt take long even on 56k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I agree, fair play to SI for releasing the patch.

The game went "gold" a good few weeks ago, so they've clearly been working hard even since then.

IIRC, don't they always release a patch on the day of release of their CM games?

we fixed issues that have come up in internal testing and from many thousands of people playing the demo..

and we fixed them..

As one user said, the game went gold a few weeks ago - we dont just stop working and play PES3 for 6 months before starting work agian. We keep working. We have a policy of when we have a bunch of stuff ready we release it for the public to have the most up to date fixes.

Look at the change list, most of the things are obsecure fixes, or fixes to regional leagues or just tweaks. Its not like were fixing 400 crash bugs or anything.

The bugs you mention..

"Normalised the number of training and match injuries."

getting injuries right is not easy, fining the right balance between in-game injuries and training injuries. It gets tweaked and changed, as when we get it right in england, its totally ****ed in asia (as what happened this time) - So we fixed it so people playing asian leagues have a playable game! We could

The other one is not that straight foward. Its international managers leaving injuried players out of squads, again its a subjective thing. If gary kelly is out for two weeks, would he be in the international squad for a game in 2 and 1/2 weeks time. We made a call, and then changed our minds based on public opinion.

These things are not as they seem sometimes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I just went through hell trying to get CM4 to work!
    First I had to install the MSI fix, becuase I kept getting a 1607 Error, then I had to wait for enhancement pack 3 to fix the spinning disk problem :( .

Are these bugs in anyway apparent in 03/04, because I really want to buy it, but if I have to download 45mb patches on a 56k every few weeks just to keep it working, then no-way ho-say!

• Advertisement

no :)

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    we fixed issues that have come up in internal testing and from many thousands of people playing the demo..
    Ah they're fixes that came up from the demo feedback. I hadn't thought of that, a lot more understandable so.

I feel suitably chastened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jEt|Dino

quick question, will this patch be applied to your saved games or is it only when you start a new game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

you will have to start a new game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

are you sure? thought it said when i read the readme that it would work with saved games. Guess i was wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I don't think you do, at least with CM4 you didn't.

story is that you dont have to..but if you dont some of the fixes take some time to work their way into your game.

but you will get the full effects of all the fixes off the bat if you do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

ah righto, thanks for clearing that up :)

Advertisement