Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Webpages

Options
  • 04-11-1999 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Ello,

I have to do a crappy presentation on e-commerence and as part of it I have to find 10 companys/pages on the net and wrtit crap up on them blah blah blah...

What I need to know is there any programs out there that would let me download an entire webpage quickly and easily i.e not going tru it page by page saving the pages and all the graphics on thier own. ??

Really need this by tonight.

Thanx lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

In IE5 do file save as to save the page u are looking at including graphics..

For an entire site WebWhacker is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

www.Webattack.com

They have plenty of apps,

including some freeware ones that allow Dling of Web Pages for Offline Browsing,

Might Help,

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

bubbles i have a good program for that. im at work now so if youre on irc when im done il give it to you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I use Webferret.

All these kind of things you can pick up at http://www.tucows.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

get teleport pro from tucows, I find it does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

At the end of the day IE5 does the job. It creates a little sub-directory with images etc. for that page. Very handy.
    Just save as complete webpage.
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Web Whacker is good cept it makes your h/d go mad. It got the job done so me happy smile.gif

Ta for the help !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sorry I meant Teleport Pro. I have the full version somewhere (very impressed it, so much so I forgot the name).

I used to use it on the Old Tribes Development board as it was sneaky and managed to suck out all the Dev private posts too real easy.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Indeed IE5 is the bizz for a single page saved in one go, but for a comprehensive site leech you cant beat WebWhacker, the "Getright" of web site savers...

Enjoy.
    DeV.

Advertisement