Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream?

• 20-11-2003 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering can anyone maybe help shed some light on a dream ive had a few times...

I walk onto a bus and sit down beside a girl, not like supermodel nice but nice, brown hair and tanned, and she says her name is Kimberley(i dont know anyone and never have known anyone called kimberley , infact i cant even think of a celebrity or anything called kimberley). She asks do i want my fortune told? I say yes... She starts reading my palm and stuff, then moves close and looks into my eyes... I kiss her and she laughs then more kissing and i notice she feels really cold and I wake up..........................

it doesnt seem like your average 'randy' dream dunno just the way it sticks in my mind so clearly when all my other dreams fade in minutes intrigues me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

My dear Freud, it means you want to have sex with your mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lena

I'd say it means on the surface, you hope for an positive romantic future with a nice girl, but on the inside, you think your love life might be dead.

The bus (or any form of transport) in a dream, may represent a journey.
    A bus might represent a short journey. maybe symbolising the fact that presently you only have short relationships. Perhaps?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson

TwoSheds
    try to keep your comments 'helpful'
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lena

Ok Ok, i've had a think about this, I love dream analysis!

It also could mean that you do not think your present relationship is going to last, or that you don't really want it to last, or think you could, or want to meet a nicer mate.

I only say that because of the fact that you refer to the girl in the dream as not super model material, in other words, not the best..
    The palm reading might suggest that the girl the dream girl represents is looking for or is trying to pursuade you that there's a future in the relationship. The fact that she feels cold may mean you are not 'warm' to the idea.

Bus journey - getting off soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

lena that's cool, I must post my next mad dream up here for you to shed some light on. I dream every night, and usually remember most of them, but I never really look on them as having anything to do with real life as some are so bizarre that I don't know where they came from.

I'd never be able to analyse a dream like this though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    TwoSheds
    try to keep your comments 'helpful'
    B

Sheesh- the Iron Lady rides again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Kell
    Sheesh- the Iron Lady rides again

you behave yourself mr. kell
    or there'll be bannings!

Ok so I'm walking down a street, it's a place I've never been before - no big buildings, just one story traditional shops, but they sell normal stuff. Anyways my friend and I run into these 2 girls - they're American staying in Ireland) and we start talking, then I get with one(the less goodlooking one) and next thing I know there's 3 of us in my house - I can't remember if my mate was there or not but anyway for some reason I don't have my phone on me so the girl I was with gives me hers so she can contact me and they both go back to the hotel that they're staying in.

Next thing they ring and both of them talk about how keen they are for me to come up to their hotel for a threesome basically. Next thing I know they only have an hour left and it's 3' o clock pm. A few of my mates call around and come in and start playing on a gamecube and I'm going into my kitchen cooking something and back in to them all the time. All this time I REALLY want to go to the girls but it's like one of those dreams where you just can't run fast. I can't cook whatever I'm cooking fast enough and I keep spilling things etc.

Meanwhile I get a text and it's like the girl saying that all she wants is her sim card back cause i reckon she thinks I'm trying to steal her phone. It's 3.30 and I realise that I've basically missed out, but after about 20 more mins I leave my house and run up to their hotel and give the girl back her phone and I see that they're entire party is getting ready to leave. I say my good-byes to them and hug them and after this I'm talking to the girl I was with.

Then for no reason the other girl runs down the road and when she gets near the entrance to my estate you hear the sound on a pistol with a silencer going off. BANG, she hits the ground. Suddenly I'm in the entrance to my estate and I see the guy who did it and he's getting away up the road on a pair of skates with springs on them. If you've ever seen the Beastie Boys video where they're going on them you'd know what I'm talking about.
    Anyways I start shouting and pointing at him when next thing i hear a silenced sub machine gun go off. I've just been shot by another guy about 4-5 times, in the leg and lower left torso. I fall back so that a part of my body is covered by some sort of metal mains box thingy. I then see him kill the girl I was with and next thing there's police shouting that they'll shoot him if he doesn't drop his weapon, but then I remember that Irish guards don't carry weapons, and I see him looking at me and realising I'm not dead and then I realise that I will probably die and basically accept the fact. It all seemed so amazingly real. Then I wake up.

I've had dreams where I've accpeted that I might die before...even one where I had my head shopped off and walked around with it in my hands for the rest of the dream. not frequent or anything...

Any ideas ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Or lena, no offense, but sometimes it is better to stop trying to take the literal meaning and understand that some dream analysis means somthing less obvious. Eg. Seeing a Bee means money, seeing a wasp means something else. Dreams are meant to symbolic. The best thing to do is go to a dream analasys website and look up each symbol or image, then it'll be a bit like your language homeworks when translating something - try in chronological order but it might just be jumbled images which mean something else when worked out. I mean for all we know the translation could mean that he forgot to do something like turn off the lights.....repeatedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I had this very, very strange dream last night. I am not a troll before Beruthial start's jumping to conclusions.

Had this dream last night, fairly short and only remembered it mid-day today.

I was in my room talking to my brother, throwing an eight of hash wrapped in tin foil, up and down in my hand. I was half kneeling on my bed (leg's on the floor), hash in the air, when my father walk's in. The hash fall's onto my bed and he says "how many joint's did you get out of that''.

That's all I remember. I don't think I woke up straight after it, just remembered it today.

Strange though, dont think it has any meaning (except that I might be caught over the coming day's :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Mr Pinchy

I once had a dream where I was visiting the zoo and looking at the chimps when a spaceship landed and some greys glided out and telepathically asked me why we lock ourselves up. Freaked me out it did.

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson

Thanks Mr Jackson, i've had sex with my mother and now I feel much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Glad to be of assistance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Pm'd ya Lena.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

stop trying to look for meaning in everything... you can 'analyze' everything so much that it's meaning (if it had one) becomes hopelessly unclear. i'm not sure if I've ever read two peoples clues on what dream analysis might mean that have sat well together..it's all being pulled from someones arse and fed to the dreamer with a nice big plastic spork.

they are dreams, they can freak you out, it really isn't that big a deal.

Originally posted by utility_
    Ok so I'm walking down a street, it's a place I've never been before - no big buildings, just one story traditional shops, but they sell normal stuff. Anyways my friend and I run into these 2 girls - they're American staying in Ireland) and we start talking, then I get with one(the less goodlooking one) and next thing I know there's 3 of us in my house - I can't remember if my mate was there or not but anyway for some reason I don't have my phone on me so the girl I was with gives me hers so she can contact me and they both go back to the hotel that they're staying in.

Next thing they ring and both of them talk about how keen they are for me to come up to their hotel for a threesome basically. Next thing I know they only have an hour left and it's 3' o clock pm. A few of my mates call around and come in and start playing on a gamecube and I'm going into my kitchen cooking something and back in to them all the time. All this time I REALLY want to go to the girls but it's like one of those dreams where you just can't run fast. I can't cook whatever I'm cooking fast enough and I keep spilling things etc.

Meanwhile I get a text and it's like the girl saying that all she wants is her sim card back cause i reckon she thinks I'm trying to steal her phone. It's 3.30 and I realise that I've basically missed out, but after about 20 more mins I leave my house and run up to their hotel and give the girl back her phone and I see that they're entire party is getting ready to leave. I say my good-byes to them and hug them and after this I'm talking to the girl I was with.

Then for no reason the other girl runs down the road and when she gets near the entrance to my estate you hear the sound on a pistol with a silencer going off. BANG, she hits the ground. Suddenly I'm in the entrance to my estate and I see the guy who did it and he's getting away up the road on a pair of skates with springs on them. If you've ever seen the Beastie Boys video where they're going on them you'd know what I'm talking about.
    Anyways I start shouting and pointing at him when next thing i hear a silenced sub machine gun go off. I've just been shot by another guy about 4-5 times, in the leg and lower left torso. I fall back so that a part of my body is covered by some sort of metal mains box thingy. I then see him kill the girl I was with and next thing there's police shouting that they'll shoot him if he doesn't drop his weapon, but then I remember that Irish guards don't carry weapons, and I see him looking at me and realising I'm not dead and then I realise that I will probably die and basically accept the fact. It all seemed so amazingly real. Then I wake up.

Any ideas ? :confused:

I believe this means your g@y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by po
    that's what i was thinking...
    you'd rather cook food than go & bang 2 sweet chicks???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

i notice she feels really cold

That really freaks me out for some reason - I get this image of a psychotic looking dead girl every time I think about it. Does that make me mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Yes?

Originally posted by po

damn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Merovingian

dreams dont mean anything there are just the minds way of trying to understand what has happened during the day and as a result these images pop into your head!!

Advertisement