Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing network, not number?

• 20-11-2003 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭

Hi, has anyone ported away from o2 and then gone back to them? Is it difficult/costly? (IE changing network whilst keeping your current number and going back)

It is what it's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

dont actually know but i would really like to get away from meteor. i dont know what possessed me to choose that network...

anyway... i too would be grateful for any info on this network changing thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

you have to go to your network and get them to unlock your sim, then bring to your new network and they do something and kazam.

all in all i think it costs about €30, it could differ depending the networks involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

a friend of mine was able to change to meteor from o2 to free.and i duno wat possible problem u cud have with meteor???free messages between 085-really cheap calls,cant imagine wat more u cud want-i cudnt be happier with them.my whole family is changing to them from voda and o2 as we speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by gsand
    free messages between 085-really cheap calls,cant imagine wat more u cud want
    some reception to make use of the free messages & cheap calls would be nice:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I moved from O2 to Vodafone (pay as you go) and it was simple. You buy a 'porting' pack in Vodafone (€12, with €12 credit) a guy there will ask you to fill out a form and two hours later you'll be switched over

• Advertisement

Originally posted by super_furry
    I moved from O2 to Vodafone (pay as you go) and it was simple. You buy a 'porting' pack in Vodafone (€12, with €12 credit) a guy there will ask you to fill out a form and two hours later you'll be switched over

a couple of months ago i wanted to switch from voda to o2, the o2 guy said it would cost €20 and then some possible charges from voda to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

can you change half way through your contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

oh yeah, im with Vodafone, but i want to go to 02, mainly coz ye get loada free text messages to any number, unlike voda, which ye can only send to other voda fones

anybody know how to switch? from voda TO 02?

go to voda [just into one of their shops] and tell them you want to change to as different network and they'll unlock your sim [or somesuch] for you, you might be charged for this.

then go into an o2 shop and say the same thing and they'll hook up to o2. i was quoted €20 by o2 for this a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

This should be moved to the Mobiles forum....

You can see more information on the o2.ie website among others. Really its jsut a case of signing a few forms. It can take a while for the number to change. I know Vodafone can be slow unlocking the number and handing ot over to another network at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    can you change half way through your contract
    Probably, but you would have to pay off the remaining rental charges (in reality you bought a subsidised phone and this is what rental charges pay for).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its not that ****ing complicated.. If you want to Switch to O2, call into any O2 agent. If you wanna switch to Vodafone, go into a Vodafone store. Guess what, if you want to switch to Meteor, call into a Meteor agent..

If you are six months into a twelve month contract. guess what, you have to either see out the remainder of the contract or buy it out... Also a difficult concept..

The only thing you need to do it fill in the authorisation forms and pay for a new sim.. Its very simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by super_furry

i think i got ripped off... it was a girl who asked me to fill the form out :p

Advertisement