Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB wireless routing question

• 21-11-2003 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I’m using Irish broadband connecting to desktop machine through a network card. The problem I have is that I want my laptop to be able to use the same connection. Both machines are wirelessly networked but I cant seem to get the lan connection to share. any advice much appreciated!
    Cheers ur-lord

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

are you in infrastruture or ad-hoc mode. If its peer to peer you should be ad hoc on both wireless NICS.

im assuming you cant even get a link right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ur-lord

Ive added in the TCP/IP settings manualy and the actual network connection between the two wirless cards/machines are working fine. Its just that the laptop cant use the desktops LAN (IBB) connection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

once you have the tcp/ip settings up and running, thats the hard work done. all you have to do is to download a piece of Intetnet Connetcion Sharing software.

For example, test out Sygate Home Network, all you have to do is install it on your computer with the internet, and it should work perfectly.

BE warned, some firewalls stop sygate, and other ICS programs, from working e.g. kerio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ur-lord

Thanks a mill, ill give that a go!Ill keep you updated!

Advertisement