Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I use NTL BB and Irishwan?

Options
  • 21-11-2003 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I've been happily connected to the Dublin west portion of the IrishWAN for the past four or five months and this week got NTL's cable BB installed. Trouble is now I'm surfing on NTL I can't see any of the WAN pages.
    NTL is set up to auto detect configuration so to my mind that means no proxy, no option to bypass proxy for addresses in the range x.x.x.x
    Is there any (preferrably easy) way to set this up so that WAN sites (typically 10.x.x.x) are accessed through my Buffalo wireless USB client and websites, filesharing, e-mail etc. goes through the cable modem or am I looking at needing a hardware router? If a router is needed then what exactly do I need and how much should I be looking to pay?
    Ta v.much

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You'll probably need to setup a route in the dos prompt

What range are IBB giving to your machine ?
    as this will be your default route.

If it is not 10.something

then in a dos prompt
    route add 10.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 10.x.y.z
    x.y.z being the address of the Buffalo

if that does not work then it will disappear on the next boot
    if it works then to make it permenent

route -P add 10.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 10.x.y.z

Advertisement