Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digi web broadband

• 21-11-2003 5:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

lads
    anybody know abt broadband offered by DIGIWEB www.digiweb.ie they are offering 45 euro per month flat rate BB and no need of telephone line, all wireless.
    can anybody have any idea
    the speed is 512 again 128 offered by eircom

regards

Don

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

not a bad price.. but i wouldnt touch them with a bargepole in my own experience....

im currently in the process of signing up with irish broadband for their wireless service.. 512 up and down for €45. 1MB connection for €84... if your in dublin id go for that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

I was told in August by e-mail that they were just weeks away from going live in my area with their wireless service. They haven't contacted me since. Probably because our exchange was upgraded for DSL in October and they missed the boat.
    When I looked into it, they had a better cap of 6Gig, better contention ratio 1:24 but no offer on installation and no sharing the connection between computers on the basic service.
    I signed up for i-stream starter as it seems a better deal although it does have some drawbacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

we have it at work, and tbh its awful for browsing, ok for downloading, but whats the point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I'm using it at the moment.

It's not suitable for gaming or anything but it's grand for browsing and downloading. They don't have enough bandwidth to cater for the amount of customers they are signing but they are upgrading their systems in december apparently. One good thing though is that apparently they are planning on replacing all their existing 2.4Ghtz LOS connections with the new 3.5Ghtz lines for free when the licences are sorted. They already have most of the equipment up for it.

They are horribly understaffed though by the looks of things.

If you want broadband and you can't get dsl i reckon go for it but it may be a while before it will be as good as dsl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's nice to have the option there, but it's the installation fee and the equipment that's the killer IMO.

Before you even get the service you have to pay in excess of €1000. I'm surprised they aven't come up with a way of subsidising the equipment, or having it as hire purchase over 12 months.

I would probably go for something like this, but I don't have €1000 upfront. Of course, they're probably not interested in residential customers anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Seamus we are talking about this:

http://wireless.digiweb.ie/

It's more down the lines of dsl pricing and it's operated on the 2.4Ghtz unlicenced spectrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The cheapest one is €54.50 a month including VAT and comes with a 6Gb cap so its not exactly flat rate either ...and it may not be shared .

M

Advertisement