Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV BB - Just got connected

• 21-11-2003 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi All,

I just thought I'd add a positive experience since a lot of what we hear on this board is from people having problems with BB.

Sent off the application form to UTV last Wednesday - got an email Thursday saying they'd recieved it. The modem arrived yesturday, I plugged one end into my USB port, the other into the phone line, it asked for the installation CD & three minutes later I was fully connected.

As easy as that. I have to say that the speed is fantastic - far faster than I was expecting too: as rough measurement I was downloading about 3 meg per minute.

So that's it - quick & easy. Though I do hope that all of you still having problems or waiting to be connected get sorted out soon.

Regards,
    K.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

hurrah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

I had the same thing happen to me. its great

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I just thought I'd add a positive experience since a lot of what we hear on this board is from people having problems with BB.

Hi kobie am just wondering if the honemoon period has ended quickly? Have you by any chance been having lots of cut offs today? Particularly late morning afternoon?

See the utv support group - it seems to have been pretty common today for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Yeah its been a bit flaky today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

No problems here. Credit where it's due though - the brother has a Mac & couldn't configure it to use the BB modem. He got onto UTV and the guy was dead helpful & sorted him out. And all this from a non 1550 number!

It's only been 3 days, but I think we went with the right provider.

If only they could drop 20 quid off the subscription.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thats good to hear as you say it makes a pleasant change - you should get a router now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Damn Straight!!! Even the toaster's going to be wired-up by the time I'm through.

Advertisement