Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

muppetry

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

This sort of reaction to the Irish Quake Community is quite common because it can appear that way (distant, closed, cliqishetc.). I conceed that much. Very often new players tend to go on the offensive because they're not too sure what they're dealing with. I won't specify but it's an all too common behaviour of people who feel unsure of their abilities to communicate and get along with those people they now mix with.
    Taking a more relaxed attitude is the way to go if you ask me. Just having conversations, playing quake or using the WWWBoard in a constructive manner lead inevitably to a good relationship with those around you. After a while you won't have noticed the change-over from "not too sure of my feet here" to "hey I know loads of these guys".
    O.k. so Ex was aking why use the word "Muppet". Well I don't know. I think it's a stupid word too. Why use that terrible "Lo" all the time, like we're elves meeting a forest - "Lo , well met". At the end of the day they are just words. And I know form experience that communicating in words can lead to some misunderstandings thats for sure. Just assume the best when you read something dodgy and assume the worst when they call you a "******* ** *** ** ** ** * ** *^^%*£".

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Well......I just spent my entire lunch break reading a sh*t load of posts debating the term....Muppet.......hmmm

Muppet, in my opinion, is a fairly sh*t cool term, considering its supposed to be derogatory.

In fact while I don't feel that I am a Muppet, I am very definitely a newby.....a term which I must say SUCKS....in my opinion!

As a result I would much rather be called a Muppet than a newby.......

Could the def. be changed...I wonder.....?!?

Your loyal Newby SHADOW.......tuh!

P.S.

hahaha...very funny post Amp....u obviously read during lunch too...keep up the good work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Thanks Shadow, and btw it's spelt newbie wink.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Yeah, ya muppet.

He he.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

anyway, i thought the term llama came from some commador 64 game that bouncing llamas in it coz the programmer went to chilie or something and theought llamas look indded the most silliest of animals, and so it came to be that silly ppl were llamas?

as for muppet, i use the term a lot. i like the term and i will continue to use the word until another word comes along with that just right meaning that sounds better.
    its derogatory, yet at the same time amusiong and lighthearted
    kind of like a tuc cracker with lashing of philadelphia cheese on it.. yum smile.gif

anyway, just coz you dont like the word... why give out about it.
    dont be a conformest... make up yer own word and see if others take to it.

maybe you could be a fashion guru and put new and more stimulating words in our mouths

i bit like shinji but without the words bit, and a bit more c*ck wink.gif

nuff said
    but dont quote me on it, i may not be available for discussions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Muppet is Ringsend/Irishtown 'slang'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

True Bunny.

That's where i first heard it bein used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CA MUPPETS

My *****it is lads. All the terms we use are borrowed from those fools across the Atlantic. Just face it. We're an unimaginative bunch. Ah **** this I'm off to strangle Kojak.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mr.StRiPe

who gives a fu(k??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

whoever got my password to this board (and then changed it) is a fu(king muppet.
    i want it back you ba5tard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

I'm just thinking about other words to replace the much maligned, and simultaneously much admired muppet. I'm afraid you got me, I've got none that you'd love... yet. But stay tuned.
    As for whitewashman and conformists, I think you might have the wrong man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

now you see, youve just proved youre a muppet
    you read my post and actually tried to understand it.

everyone knows its a waste of time coz there is no thought put into them at all. kinda like a subconsiouce streaming effort.

so youre not a conformist?
    well, i juess that makes you one of the very ppl i know who isnt one.
    its not that trendy to be different you know
    makes you look like a t!t and an attention seeker.
    if it were up to me....

thats pathetic whitewashman
    talking about conforming, not conforming is the ultimate in wannabe-an-intellectual nonsense. bi ciuin get a life and play some more quake.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

WWMan keep feeding the Troll and see if you can get it to beg. cheeky.gif

is it time to end this posting?
    44 replies to a simple request for some definition and history.
    we need some new topics
    lets direct our hate towards paddypaddy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!!!!

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Muppet ! Its sound isnt even offensive so who gives a toss ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Play Half Life Classic TFC,
    Where all are lovely and Twee,
    Just pick a class,
    And have a blast.
    Then dance in your Victims Kid-neys

Ahem...Oh dear....

Back to my own lair....:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Creed, as its 7am I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're still outta it from the night b4.

P.s. there is only one real class

3. Soldier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Worse....I was/am in work. We do 6-6, 28 days on 28 off. Been here 18 so me wee Noggin's feeling all floaty-lite.

NO TFC FOR 2.5 WEEKS its been hell....

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok Excelsior (since I'm the only one still talking about the original post smile.gif
    How about:

"Gonk"
    "Tribble"
    "Gimp"
    "Limpet" (someone who always privates you on IRC smile.gif

Cant think of any more right now... Muppet does really work tho...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

my god this board has degenerated into a pile of sh!t. LJ, close this thread down before the server starts puking.

Advertisement