Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ken doherty vs. jimmy white

Options
  • 21-11-2003 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

ken doherty and jimmy white are playing first against students and then against each other in nui maynooth. its in december and the tickets are 12 blips for a student and 20 (i think) for a non student.

should be good... :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

yeah should be pretty class.

Was playing in the Racecourse Inn, Baldoyle there last month and who emerged out of the darkness of the hall but Jimmy needless to say it caught me off guard and i made a balls of an easy yellow hanging over the pocket.

He was staggering around the place drunk (i think) breaking his balls laughing at posters of him when he was really young. His wifes not a bad looker at all at all.

Went on to see his exhibition later on in Portmarnock sports and leisure cost €200 a frame with him.

He's a very good entertainer but never saw Doherty but from what I hear he's pretty boring during exhibition matchs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

it doesnt bother me much that doherty is boaring as long as jimmy is there and is drunk. then i wont feel bad for being drunk and we can all have a good aul laugh!

:D:D

should have seen him man that man is the BEST he was just grabbing the white of the table and putting it up on the rail by one of the corner pockets and hopping it off it and slotting the centre blue home perfectly (well nearly)

not to mention him lining up a shot then turning around and just smacking it off each cushion and still sending the color into the pocket i just spent most of my time laughing at it hes that damn good

thats the sort of stuff that really impresses me. especially if drunk while doing it! i hope he does some of that sort of thing in december. would make for a great night...

Sure he will.

One of the dudes that works in my snooker club knows (hence him dropping in) he was telling me that years ago his older brother used to hustle people in snooker halls.

they got Jimmy to play bad in the first frame and in the 2nd when money was put down he'd chew up the opposition

Dont know if it's true or not cos i'm only repeating a story told to me but it personally wouldnt suprise me in the slightest

• Advertisement

well, id say he would be the type for that sort of thing.

ive never seen or played against someone who does that sort of thing. as soon as someone wants to put money on a game id start to get well suspicious....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by the-raptor
    yeah should be pretty class.

Was playing in the Racecourse Inn, Baldoyle there last month and who emerged out of the darkness of the hall but Jimmy needless to say it caught me off guard and i made a balls of an easy yellow hanging over the pocket.

He was staggering around the place drunk (i think) breaking his balls laughing at posters of him when he was really young. His wifes not a bad looker at all at all.

Went on to see his exhibition later on in Portmarnock sports and leisure cost €200 a frame with him.

He's a very good entertainer but never saw Doherty but from what I hear he's pretty boring during exhibition matchs
    they played in clonmel a few weks ago and from what i saw it was totally different, ken was cracking jokes while jimmy just played snooker!!!

hmm thats an interesting one must tell that to the lads see what they make of that one

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

who are the lads?

who are the lads?
    his mates im guessing...

• Advertisement

well done gobby thats a shiney star sticker thingy for you your mammy will be so proud of ya:D :D:D:D:D:D

oh yeah and Anto i told ya who the lads were before ya big bong ya

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by _raptor_
    oh yeah and Anto i told ya who the lads were before ya big bong ya

cheeky

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

very

Raptor has 3 imaginary friends

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by Amartin
    very

I have 3 imaginary friends

go you! i have 4

well done gobby thats a shiney star sticker thingy for you your mammy will be so proud of ya
    hahaha.... cheers man. always wanted one of them. but what would be real swell would be a blue peter badge... can ye swing it for me..?

well Im not promising anything but i do have a few contacts in the oul Beeb so ill let ya know

must get one for me as well while im at it:D :D

well the exhibition was on last night. it got a real good turnout and was quite a success.

ken was way more of a laugh than jimmy. i thought jimmy wasnt really into it at all. someone said that he had got a 147 the night before and was probably out celebrating. he was drinking during the exhibition too.

ken was amazing. its very cool to be able to see these guys just knocking them in without even the bat of an eyelid. enjoyed it a lot... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It was a legendary night. Didnt get a century til the very last frame but it was still a cracking performance by both players, and especially Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Good ol' night alright.. Jimmy was defo a bit out of sorts but can't expect him to be in good form all the time. He looked a bit sick of the whole exhibition thing to me.

I would've loved a game myself but prob wouldn't have been able to pot a ball in front of such a big crowd! Fair play to the students for having a go!

• Advertisement

Fair play to the students for having a go!
    yeah, they did real well. those lads that did play would kick my ass but up there against ken and jimmy they were just bet to the ground. now if i was up there... :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

if England were playing Scotland in rugby or soccer most Irish people would cheer Scotland

yet if Jimmy White plays Stephen Hendry most Irish people would shout for Jimmy

makes no sense

if England were playing Scotland in rugby or soccer most Irish people would cheer Scotland

makes no sense
    none at all. guess thats the irish for ya. either that or just that snooker is a gentlemans sport and people cheer for the players with the skill no matter where they are from.

and anyways. whoever said that we were cheering for jimmy over ken. we cheered for them both. mayby a little more for jimmy but only cos he was having some bad games and needed a little encouragment...

Advertisement