Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 X1 or Siemens MC60

• 21-11-2003 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am entitled to an upgrade from o2 and am looking at one of these 2 mobiles. Can anyone let me know what they think or which has the better spec. The X1 would be an extra €50 but might be worth it.

TIA;}

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

I've used neither of these phones, but I've heard that the MC60 has a poor quality colour screen.

This site is good for user opinions on the MC60:

http://www.club-siemens.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

funnily enough, my sister got the exact 2 phones. first, the mc 60, believe me dont get it, X1 is far better.

mc60 has a very poor screen and mms, dont be fooled by all the ads in mags etc.. x1 is far better, swivel camera is a nice feature and the fone in general is easy to use and very light.

x1 is probably the best camera phone ive seen yet. doesnt have any major flaws apart from no bluetooth or infa red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cubanex

Does anybody have any pictures taken with the camera of the x1 or the mc60?
    Would be nice if you could upload them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by smemon
    funnily enough, my sister got the exact 2 phones. first, the mc 60, believe me dont get it, X1 is far better.

mc60 has a very poor screen and mms, dont be fooled by all the ads in mags etc.. x1 is far better, swivel camera is a nice feature and the fone in general is easy to use and very light.

x1 is probably the best camera phone ive seen yet. doesnt have any major flaws apart from no bluetooth or infa red.

Siemens phones are as a whole, ****e.. So avoid them like the plague...

As for the X1 being the best camera phone available. Ignore that comment, it is a budget phone with a feature list of phones released over a year ago. The screen and camera is at best so so... I would suggest going for something different, anything different. The T610 being a good example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Oh god, dont get that siemens MC60, Oh jeasus, i was takin a look at it in work, (expecting great things) and oh god...the quality is so bad, It makes the GX10 look like a 5 megapixel digital camera on a TFT monitor. Even when you send the pics to another phone, they are awful.

The X1 is great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by JesusThatsGreat

As for the X1 being the best camera phone available. Ignore that comment, it is a budget phone with a feature list of phones released over a year ago. The screen and camera is at best so so... I would suggest going for something different, anything different. The T610 being a good example.

ah thats b bit harsh! i know it doesnt have everything but really i was comparing it to the GX10i, pretty cheap too. it is a bit girly alright but then again all flip phones are really. baically the point is get anything apart from the mc 60, it was so bad my sister sold it the day after she got it. colour is dull, icons very poor quality and some of the buttons a bit too close together if u've big hands like me.

if its between the mc60 and x1, get the x1, u wont regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well my experience with siemens are that they are the most buggyist fones ever. I've discovered on a lot of models that the ring alert stops sometimes so you do't know if you are receiving a call

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

have this conflict myself, but the mob seems to have spoken...

certainly wouldnt say that, ive had 2 siemens phones out of 4 and they are easily the most reliable and handy phones ive seen. i have a thing against nokia for some reason, so i never get them, but i had an eircson (t10) before sony joined up and it was totally s*hite, kept dying on me and the screen was tiny too, buttons were a disgrace etc etc, i also had a motorola (t191 or something) for a year and had nothing but trouble, when you got/made a call the mic and earpiece kept failing, the buttons were really stiff and the texting was just awkward. my latest phone is a c55, very nice, had no problems yet.... so i wont allow siemens to be bad mouthed as a whole, however i havent tried the mc60 so i dont know, maybe this is a failure, infact it looks like it certainly is.....

Flogen

Still disagree, all siemens and old Motorola handsets can only be described as ****e when compared to even the oldest Nokias. I am going purely on the user interface and keypad when I say that. Even the 5110 has a more intuitive user interface than any recent Siemens handset and it is 5 or 6 years old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

no way! i have the siemens s55 and i love it...its a great phone and teh camera attachment is v. good quality...i was surprised how good to be honest. you can make generalisations about any make of phone. i had a great nokia 3310 and then had a 3510 and it kept turning itself off every so often...plus its quite a chunky fone compared to siemens.

• Advertisement

Well the 3510 is pretty much at the botton the Nokia range while the Simens is pretty much at the top of theirs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 yallingup

MC60: Poor screen, woeful menus, rubbish camera. Ug-lee.

O2 X1: The most unbelievably awful menu system ever. Ever. Soft keys on display don't correspond to hard keys right underneath screen. Camera and screen are quite good but this could be much better overall.

Both compare very poorly to Sharp GX-20 on Voda. Terrific screen, great camera. Good interface. Bit on the chunky side, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Was on one of the O2 x1's today but didn't get much time to see much of it but as far as it looks i think it is worth it for €199. Its very stylish too and extremly light. Camera is in a good location too so it doesn't mess the phones design.

Advertisement