Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 open Gl ruined my day

Options
  • 06-11-1999 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question,

Recently i had a Rage 128 installed on my comp here ... and all was working pretty well with DVD and all that...

Then I went and DL'd Q3 and the GLsetup file ... When i first ran Q3 without runnin the GLsetup.. the screen was all messy and bowed in to the centre. So i figured run the GLsetup online and let it work itself out ... when i came back later the GLsetup had finished DLing something onto my comp and now the the monitor shuts down on every load up except in safe mode where i have a fairly irritating 16 colour limit.

I'm gonna remove all the drivers and reboot it (once i'm sure i can get the rage 128 drivers off the net).. but i was just wondering if anyone had come across this problem at all ... and is there a way around it?

Cheers,

J.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 06-11-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

uninstall your display adapter and reinstall using original drivers

there is a tech support board you know.
    $35 please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

ah now Eamo, just cos yer in work on a Saturday night, while i sit here and have 15 year olds from Ohio kick my ass in Starcraft smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

here, install that baby on my pc will you?
    on the e drive
    cheers

does it need the disk to play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fergal

download the latest drivers from http://driver.atitech.ca/drivers/w86114en.exe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Mine too!! Oh... wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yes it does need the disk to play, cd key stuff and all that, but you can install a multiplayer spawn version that lets ya play network games without the cd.

and how many times have I warned you lot about the evils of GLsetup smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Tis fixed again now and Q3 runs perfect with the new Driver ... still can't get GL Quake to work tho

:/

Advertisement